The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Nov. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm starting to think Rutherford may have a plan. It's great that we've got our potentially phenomenal offensive threat, but he's added good support. How did we get Bear for a 5th rounder? Others are doing damn well in their roles; guys like Lazar & Joshua,

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That was absolutely unreal.

3 goals and one nasty no look assist. What a show he put on. I luckily got a nice front row seat for all the action. That Tanner Howe kid might be a good player too in 2024.

3E8E29DD-8052-48FE-80BC-E83974468DE3.jpeg

Edited by 250Integra
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, sockeye said:

Impressive win. Maybe this team has turned the corner. I hope so. Great two-way play!

Good effort in their victory tonight.  Nice to see after a couple days away from all the "trade noise". Hopefully they can build on it for the next game and the next quarter as it has been a difficult adjustment period for the defensive play this first quarter. 

Actually there will be some downtime for them next time in their Cal trips - I think players like these times to refocus a bit when things don't go as well or mentally tired.

Good luck to them tomorrow.

2 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

Game of the year for us, if we keep playing like this good things are going to happen 

Great game. Lot of positive comments could be made and have been made in this thread. I will mention a few things that stuck out for me.

1. I have been critical of Myers in a lot of posts this year but he had a great game tonight. It was by far his best game of the season. If he played like this every game I would have no problem with his cap hit. Burroughs was also very good. In fact, that pairing was, in effect, the second pairing tonight, getting more minutes than the OEL-Bear pairing, including on the PK and and significant time against the Eichel line.

2. Miller also had his best game of the season. The Horvat line had most of the time against the Eichel line tonight and it was the reverse of that last game against Vegas as the Horvat line dominated this time. Hogs looks good with Horvat and Miller.

3. Martin made a couple of big saves early but after that the Canucks held down the chances.  (There is a lot of talk about 60 minute but actually it was more like a 53 minute game as Vegas dominated for the first 7 minutes or so. After that the ice tilted sharply in favor of the Canucks.). I was watching as closely as I could on TV and it was pretty clear that the Canucks were working hard to take away the middle of the ice in the O-zone and prevent cross-seam passes. I assume the Canucks will go with Demko tomorrow but after that Martin has to be the first choice, at least temporarily.

4. Kuzmenko has been consistently good,especially in the offensive zone. It is a weird situation with Horvat and Kuzmenko both  playing so well that the Canucks probably cannot afford to re-sign either one. There will be some tough decisions to make as the deadline approaches.

5. The Canucks looked good tonight but I have a nagging suspicion that part of it is that Vegas was tired on the second game of back-to-backs and may have been overconfident as well.  The Canucks need to come back with another strong game against a relatively weak San Jose team tomorrow.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Woo! Just got home....what a long, drawn out week. Finally had my surgery at midnight.

Stayed at my daughter's last night.

My kids were downstairs and I was streaming the game upstairs in bed...they were a couple of minutes ahead of me and knew JT had scored. They rushed upstairs to catch my reaction and I did a huge woo and punched my arm up in the air. Only thing was, my daughter has these beautiful wall mounted lights over her bed and I accidentally punched the light right off the wall! They got it on video (I didn't realize they were filing in anticipation of my reaction to JT's goal). I felt so bad but they were laughing so hard (after they knew I was ok). We watched it over and over...it was ridiculous. I'm still a little drugged up. Luckily the light didn't break....it just came off the wall.

I've gotta take it down a notch. 

What a great win. And I'm finally DONE with that damn hospital.

That’s awesome! Now take it easy!