The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kieffer Bellows

50 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Well, that was short-lived.  Zero points in 11 games with Philly after no points in 1 game with the Islanders (and getting waived).
So much for being a 1st-round pick.

I wonder if Bellows is where Lazar was a while ago. Just not willing to accept he needs to change how he sees his role to be an NHL player?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Bellows is where Lazar was a while ago. Just not willing to accept he needs to change how he sees his role to be an NHL player?

Maybe?  Wonder if he's in the same mold as a Matt Moulson, since his scouting report says he's big and a "meat and potatoes winger" but not the best skater, and his calling card when he was drafted was his shot; since that wasn't good enough to get it done, then inevitably he couldn't keep his spot in the lineup since he couldn't really play down the depth chart. 

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Maybe?  Wonder if he's in the same mold as a Matt Moulson, since his scouting report says he's big and a "meat and potatoes winger" but not the best skater, and his calling card when he was drafted was his shot; since that wasn't good enough to get it done, then inevitably he couldn't keep his spot in the lineup since he couldn't really play down the depth chart. 

That sounds about right.  Guy drafted high and thinks he's a scorer.  But to be a player he needs to play a bottom six (or fourth line) role and be a banger.  Must take a great deal of internal toughness to first accept the role, and then to be able to actually play that way.  I wonder if he clears waivers?