The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

drafting is not easy no guarantees but i think you need to pick guys that you know have that extra gear or you know he will only get better...some of canucks picks were not well thought of as in investigated or looked into in just numbers etc...you need to go beyond that...like this beard kid i know he will be an hl guy but will he dominate like thew hl...or is there a better player that will...

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why not call up Christian Wolanin and give him an opportunity? He's been lighting it up and is on a 10-game point streak with Abbotsford.

19 points in 18 games as defenceman.

He looked really solid in camp too.  I'd say he's earned a shot.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why not call up Christian Wolanin and give him an opportunity? He's been lighting it up and is on a 10-game point streak with Abbotsford.

19 points in 18 games as defenceman.

I would rather they not, he'd probably just sit up here

Might be better for guys like Podz, Karlsson, Bains, and Klimovich to have him feeding them pucks

3 under .500 again, and now the playoff teams are pulling away a bit. We've done this to ourselves, either the road wins are false hope or the home losses are underperforming, either way not good enough.

After big wins we were talking about playoffs being 1 point away, now 2 big losses and we're talking about selling the team for picks.

At the end of the day things have to change one way or the other. For me it starts with the defence, just to see how they'd operate with 1-2 top 4 defencemen in there and only after that for a good 20 games do we decide if we really should start a rebuild.

12 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

3 under .500 again, and now the playoff teams are pulling away a bit. We've done this to ourselves, either the road wins are false hope or the home losses are underperforming, either way not good enough.

After big wins we were talking about playoffs being 1 point away, now 2 big losses and we're talking about selling the team for picks.

At the end of the day things have to change one way or the other. For me it starts with the defence, just to see how they'd operate with 1-2 top 4 defencemen in there and only after that for a good 20 games do we decide if we really should start a rebuild.

How are we going to acquire 2 top-4 D? Up against the cap and hardly got any assets

4 minutes ago, Fleech said:

Hard to believe a team this bad could have such serious cap problems AND no good prospects.  Thanks Jim. 

Bonus points for being inches from being out from under multiple cap anchor contracts and trading them + 9th overall for an untradeable contract that will screw this team for another half decade plus. Just unbelievable. There are many legitimate terrible things to say about Benning but this directive is coming from Aqua. That guy has got to go or we’re going nowhere. 

• Thanks 1