The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 3 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, brilac said:

So what type or brand of champagne does everyone like? 

A few years ago I visited the Champagne winery in Artemivsk, Ukraine (now Bakhmut :( ) - their brut was spectacular. 

We tasted about 6 variants,  just a mouthful of each, fresh glass every time, but poured the 1/2 empty glass into a big bowl to make cleanup easier for the staff.  At the end of the tasting one old Ukrainian guy took the bowl and emptied it in a few gulps.  When we reached fresh air outside, he was absolutely plastered.  Management refused to let him drive and called a taxi for him.  Manager told my g/f it was the 3rd time he'd done that in the past 2 months.

• Haha 1

Just now, Googlie said:

A few years ago I visited the Champagne winery in Artemivsk, Ukraine (now Bakhmut :( ) - their brut was spectacular. 

We tasted about 6 variants,  just a mouthful of each, fresh glass every time, but poured the 1/2 empty glass into a big bowl to make cleanup easier for the staff.  At the end of the tasting one old Ukrainian guy took the bowl and emptied it in a few gulps.  When we reached fresh air outside, he was absolutely plastered.  Management refused to let him drive and called a taxi for him.  Manager told my g/f it was the 3rd time he'd done that in the past 2 months.

Oh my goodness! That is so terrible - taking the bowl and emptying it in a few gulp! Germs