The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, Alflives said:

Used to go to watch th3 ?Soilers pound on is back in the mid 80’s.  Messier was by far the most impressive player on the ice.  We could 100% do with that kind of player bow.  He’d kick ass on the softeroos we parade out there.  

We didn't get that player, we got the complacent and disgruntled ghost of that player 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Sorry but Keenan was way worse

Can you say Sedin ?Twins for Linden?  We need to thank Keenan for setting the table for the bes5 team we ever had.  Sure it was the Great Gillis who finally built thatclub, but it was Keenan who started it.  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Surely being drunk has a lot to do with accepting Benning screwed us ove4 with giving up so much for two craperolla players.  At least OEL can hel on .d.  Garland does NOTHING!  Now we can’t eben dumperoo the guy!  I think he might be my most disliked player of all time.  Right up there with Inge Hammarstrom.  Total Softey Suckeroo.  

You’re crazy. Garland could be a major contributor. We just have a dysfunctional team for the most part unfortunately 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I know it's only my opinion, but I believe taking your opponent out of the play by hitting him is the far safer play then to get in his way or by checking him with your stick. He may put the Spinorama type move on you or you risk taking a penalty(like last night). He also may gain confidence knowing he is not going to be hit allowing him to play his game the way he wants. This is a bad thing for players such as McDavid for obvious reasons.

Thanks for another attempt to insult me by the way too.::D

I don't think so. Hitting a player most often takes you out of the play as well. Especially if you miss. Most defence is accomplished with stick checks, positioning, angling players into the boards, getting your body in-between them and your goal, and forcing them to make tough plays and decisions. Hockey would be hilarious if every play every single player just tried lining guys up for big Captain hits on every play. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Used to go to watch th3 ?Soilers pound on is back in the mid 80’s.  Messier was by far the most impressive player on the ice.  We could 100% do with that kind of player bow.  He’d kick ass on the softeroos we parade out there.  

Mid 80s Canucks hockey young man? Try mid 70s. Watched some of those games and you had guys like Bobby Lalonde who despite their frame were feisty and definitely not softeroos. Lalonde on this team would be one of our best players! They made them with grit back then when they didn’t have a mobile phone to turn to every other second

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

You’re crazy. Garland could be a major contributor. We just have a dysfunctional team for the most part unfortunately 

Agreed. Garland is prime candidate for someone who as soon as he’s traded away from our team looks like a really good player again. This guy was almost tracking to be pt/gm and has had no major injuries…just needs the right environment 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Okay, if you say so.  But tell us why we can’t trade him?  We’ve been trying since November of ‘22. 

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

I wonder if penguin fans are as critical of their captains leadership style? ( crosby) I don’t see a whole lot of difference on or off the ice between the 2. 

Horvat is tracking to be our first 60G scorer since Pavel Bure. Generational season we’re watching from our mighty C

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Three days?  We’ve been trying to dumperoo Garland (and Boeser). And others since JR arrived.  These guys have NO VALUE!  

They need to dumperoo jr pa and yeo before the fans start dumperooing  the canucks 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

They need to dumperoo jr pa and yeo before the fans start dumperooing  the canucks 

Yep.  People are really underestimating just how much damage having a locker room cancer coaching the team can do.  Yeo might be an even bigger scumbag than Green was, and we saw the destruction caused by that idiot.  Yeo simply has to go before he causes more permanent harm.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, but Bruce doesn't care about the theme nights, he's trying to win a hockey game. Boeser needs to work harder on his craft and earn his spot. 

It’s not just a “theme night”, it’s Hockey fights cancer and he was wearing a jersey for his father that passed. If you can’t see the difference I can’t help you. 

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yep.  People are really underestimating just how much damage having a locker room cancer coaching the team can do.  Yeo might be an even bigger scumbag than Green was, and we saw the destruction caused by that idiot.  Yeo simply has to go before he causes more permanent harm.

I love how someone who never met him calls Green a scumbag, when Green is actually a very well liked coach by players. 

• Thanks 2