The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t we need to have open roster (and contract) spots for McDonnough and Livingston? I’m thinking, if we do move BB6 before the TDL we get back one NHL player. 

Yes, Jeannot and Fabbro in and Boeser, Hoglander and Burroughs out.  That actually opens up one spot.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Anything is possible, but a sure thing from not doing that trade (that I didn't care for in the long term) is that after putting up with overpaying under performing non superstars big money we would have finally had flex capability and a good draft pick,

That trade did not leap frog the Canucks out of the basement and is locking them into making limited moves because of no cap flexibility (He basically traded 3 of his own players he paid big money recently acquiring  and extending it another 7 yrs with another underperforming player while losing cap flex and a good draft pick

The timing of that trade was all wrong for where the Canucks were at

The timing can certainly be questioned. 

But we can't change the past, so we need to figure out the best way to move forward given current realities.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The timing can certainly be questioned. 

But we can't change the past, so we need to figure out the best way to move forward given current realities.

Buyout is the way to move on from OEL. His minutes can be replaced by a guy making league minimum. 

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Anything is possible, but a sure thing from not doing that trade (that I didn't care for in the long term) is that after putting up with overpaying under performing non superstars big money we would have finally had flex capability and a good draft pick,

That trade did not leap frog the Canucks out of the basement and is locking them into making limited moves because of no cap flexibility (He basically traded 3 of his own players he paid big money recently acquiring  and extending it another 7 yrs with another underperforming player while losing cap flex and a good draft pick

The timing of that trade was all wrong for where the Canucks were at

Benning made that trade to try and keep his job.  It was a short term move to make a playoff push that year.  It completely backfired on him and cost him his job regardless.  We are now suffering the end result.  

Hopefully, the new management can slowly get back the cap space that was wasted on that deal and in the meantime trade other assets to free up more cap space...

• Cheers 1

It is just crazy how much Boeser's game has fallen off. Like he can't even shoot the puck anymore.. Much like how Loui went from 30 G in BOS to a flop with us. Except Boeser is doing his at 25 years old. How many times have we seen him actually rip a shot without whiffing on it? Crazy to see this type of decline at his age. 

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jeannot and Fabbro for Boeser with $1.5 million retention plus Hoglander and Burroughs?

Interesting suggestion but I wonder if Nashville would be open to moving Glass. Can see him eventually being a very solid 2C behind EP.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Buyout is the way to move on from OEL. His minutes can be replaced by a guy making league minimum. 

100%.  We free up $7 million next year and $5 million the year after.  If we can also move Myers in the summer that's $13 million for next year.  We could completely reshape our entire defence in one summer with $13 million in cap space...

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Interesting suggestion but I wonder if Nashville would be open to moving Glass. Can see him eventually being a very solid 2C behind EP.

Glass doesn't move the needle for me.  Poor Nashville.  We took Petey one spot ahead of Glass.  I feel so bad for them...   almost...

I'd be surprised to see anything happen with Boeser until Meier is resolved. Could even see teams trying to pivot to Miller over Boeser, he could fit in Pittsburgh and Carolina rather easily.

At this point I'll be more surprised if he moves at all. definitely seems more like a secondary market piece. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'd be surprised to see anything happen with Boeser until Meier is resolved. Could even see teams trying to pivot to Miller over Boeser, he could fit in Pittsburgh and Carolina rather easily.

At this point I'll be more surprised if he moves at all. definitely seems more like a secondary market piece. 

Even that price seems pretty reasonable.

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Watch them acquire Fabbro and he remains nothing but a bottom pairing D. But hey, Allvin will have added another 1st! 

He's a puck mover which we don't have on the right side, so he'd be a huge upgrade on anything we currently have.  If we could land a Ryan Graves in free agency once we buyout OEL then that would make an interesting 2nd pairing...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Glass doesn't move the needle for me.  Poor Nashville.  We took Petey one spot ahead of Glass.  I feel so bad for them...   almost...

Glass seems like one of those high picks that will need to reshape his game into a checker, PK, face-off guy if he wants to stay in the league. Kind of like Malholtra did. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

That ask is exactly the same as what we got for Horvat.  It's actually a reasonable ask and San Jose should get that...

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jeannot is the tough forward we need.  He can play up and down the lineup.  Fabbro comes back home and hopefully gets his game back to be that RHD puck mover that we are missing.  Solves two problems for us.  More focus on the D in the summer and maybe with Schenn and Demko trades we can get back more Dmen as well...

What does it solve for Nashville though?

13 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

It is just crazy how much Boeser's game has fallen off. Like he can't even shoot the puck anymore.. Much like how Loui went from 30 G in BOS to a flop with us. Except Boeser is doing his at 25 years old. How many times have we seen him actually rip a shot without whiffing on it? Crazy to see this type of decline at his age. 

I just don't see him as a player fully committed to being a better player

What has he improved upon since being in the NHL besides his paycheque?

He is going through at the easiest commitment to keep his job

Edited by Ballisticsports.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Even that price seems pretty reasonable.

More than likely he's moved as a rental imo. I have a hard time seeing Vegas being able to retain him and trying to retain him might hurt Jersey more than help him. 

Carolina's about the only interested party I could see fitting him in with an extension without much difficulty. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's a puck mover which we don't have on the right side, so he'd be a huge upgrade on anything we currently have.  If we could land a Ryan Graves in free agency once we buyout OEL then that would make an interesting 2nd pairing...

Don't get me wrong I get why people are interested, I just don't really buy the Fabbro hype. It wouldn't take much to be an upgrade on what we've already got imo so it's a low bar. 

I'd be surprised if Jersey doesn't find a way to keep Graves, we'll see. They're a smaller team up front, them having a larger D helps mitigate that and he's a big piece of that.