The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Amazing win - but it sure scares me that we needed 7 Goals just to squeeze out a victory.  Our Goaltending situation is certainly concerning  to say the least.  But for tonight - great win!

I mean it's been so crazy all around the league with bad goaltending, our division reminds of the Smythe from the 80's.  The thing about this season is despite Demko and Martin actively hurting us every other team ahead of us has just as many issues.

If we can continue to put up goals and either One of our goalies can find their game, we have a good chance at making the playoffs.

We don't need to panic trade and hopefully we can keep Horvat similar to how the AVS kept Gabe in the exact same situation. 

In the summer is when things can get done, I think we need to  expect 2 wingers need to go, if it's me I keep Kuzmenko for obvious reasons and move Pearson and one of Brock or Garland and have podz and hogz in full-time.

As for the D, move Myers, Rathbone and pursue Zub and Gavrikov if we can make the cap work.

For now let's just enjoy the 80's style and if we go on a run and get in great, if not maybe for once we get some lottery luck and snag one of the top 4 picks or the top RHD at 10ish.

One curveball could be with both the Sens and Jackets basically done and both those D I mentioned rumored to at an impass contract wise maybe we can get them via trade, if by then we've put ourselves in a good spot in the standings? Both have the same agent as the other Russians and Belarusian players wr got so it might not be so crazy.

48 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

I'm in Hawaii right now and went to bed early.  It was 4-0.  I woke up in the middle of the night with a bit of indigestion and it's 7-6 Canucks.  I wonder how the doom and gloom crowd from the game day talk feel now?

How old are you? Bragging about Hawaii for no reason sounds childish but an early night with indigestion makes you sound like your 80

Thus far, Studnicka looks like a player. He's already contributed more than Dipietro ever has, which isn't his fault necessarily just a fact.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Studs trade works in our favor. 

Once again, Kuzmenko and Mikheyev come up big.....and once again people will still say new management did absolutely nothing to improve this team...even though it's Achilles heel is a blueline they didn't construct and have their hands tied on drastically changing in short time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I love the fact that Petey could hardly contain his joy in the post game presser. This guy's earned some wins....people who want us to "tank" don't think of how that could affect Petey. He wants to win. These guys matter too, not just the ones down the pipeline in our dreams.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Thus far, Studnicka looks like a player. He's already contributed more than Dipietro ever has, which isn't his fault necessarily just a fact.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Studs trade works in our favor. 

Once again, Kuzmenko and Mikheyev come up big.....and once again people will still say new management did absolutely nothing to improve this team...even though it's Achilles heel is a blueline they didn't construct and have their hands tied on drastically changing in short time. 

Studz has some grit. If i was Bruce i'd try a real 3rd checking line tried out there with Studz, Aman and Lazar/joshua (with a scoring fourth line with boeser dries and garland who'd play fewer minutes and try and steal some goals against lower d pairings). The 3rd line hasn't been a proper one this season and it's time to see if those guys can handle it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

It was an amazing game to watch last night. But the fact remains we still need changes.  All the people that stuck around to watch the game were pleasantly surprised. 

Watched on SN. They came out flying' and then they stopped and Martin got pulled. I switched the channel and watched 'Kickass.'

But ever the devoted fan I am I went back to the game after the movie ended and lo and behold 'Nucks were down 4-2. Holy sh#t. It was an amazing, but not so well played comeback to be sure.

Entertaining game, but fraught with blunders everywhere by both teams; mostly by us. That whole sequence of 4 unanswered goals in a row by the Habs, well.....we looked liked the Keystone Cops! Even during our comeback it was scary how they let Habs get chances. 

Whew! Well....a win is a win, right?

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

Watched on SN. They came out flying' and then they stopped and Martin got pulled. I switched the channel and watched 'Kickass.'

But ever the devoted fan I am I went back to the game after the movie ended and lo and behold 'Nucks were down 4-2. Holy sh#t. It was an amazing, but not so well played comeback to be sure.

Entertaining game, but fraught with blunders everywhere by both teams; mostly by us. That whole sequence of 4 unanswered goals in a row by the Habs, well.....we looked liked the Keystone Cops! Even during our comeback it was scary how they let Habs get chances. 

Whew! Well....a win is a win, right?

Go Canucks Go!

Sports is often anything but picture perfect and it's hard to dismiss a comeback like that without being positive about it. Yet some still will.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not so in Carolina. 

And if all you need is Crosby, Malkin, Letang, how come they don't win or be in the cup finals every yr?  Support players matter and he didn't screw it up.  Look at Oils.   You think they will win the cup next any time soon? 

Once people realize it takes more than 3 really good players to win a cup they will feel very stupid for arguing the contrary. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 2

Four things about this game:

1. Character win, they started fast, had a bad half a period and overcame it.

2. QH is a horrible defenseman. Overmatched, out of position, and scoring on his own goal. The Suzuki, goal what's up with the weak wave instead of getting a body on him. Yes, Martin misplayed it, but Suzuki should have never gotten the shot off. I wonder what NJ would give us for him, maybe a first, a second and a prospect?

3. Thank gawd for Delia, he looked pretty good while Martin was awful. I'd split them until Demko returns, we might have found a gem that Ian Clark can polish.

4. And most important, we are seeing the evolution of Petey. Other teams are over playing him, trying to take away his shot, so he becomes a distributor, if you're his winger, get open, get your stick in position and magic happens. 

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

7-3 in our last 10 games.

Only Seattle has been better in our division. 

Giddy up. 

Haha, I just looked back 10 games to see before I came in here...yep.

Not too shabby.

They're finding a way to win lately and I'm sure it's pulling them closer together. Losses start to create a lot of tension and insecurity so I'm happy for the boys.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Looking ahead, our next game is against the Sharks. Then, the schedule gets a little tougher -- we then play the Wild, Flames, Jets, Blues, Kraken and Oilers.

That stretch is going to make or break this team. Personally I think this team makes a run out of it though.

We play the flames on New Year's Eve aswell. Those three games combined against the Oilers/Flames could really determine our season. Huge 4 point games.

• Like 1