The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It looked to me like Studnikas goal never went in. Off the back crossbar i guess ? Surprised there was no challenge 

too late now.....no backsies

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Boeser/garland/kuz is my guess. As to who moves out , all being the lesser negative impact. They’ll either deal for exp contract or a needed dman. If Bo has to go then wouldn’t that suite your preference of draft pics/prospects? As for bear the guy really wants to be here and at worst he plays without a contract briefly but I doubt that. They’ll find a way. This year undoubtedly being the hardest years to fit everything in. All the moves leading up to bears acquisition i thought was quite creative and I’ll credit Jr for that. although some credit has to go to brind’amour with his admiration for bear. Because if it weren’t for their own cap restraints he’d still be there. 

The 2011 core was mostly built up through the draft and most cup champs won with a core of homegrown players, through the draft - HENCE, MY PREFERENCE FOR PICKS.  Ofcourse, it will depend on the competence of the FO, making the picks and how they will develope those picks but a team that continues to draft in the teens will obviously have a harder time finding a foundational piece to build on, unless the draft is really deep.  When Bieksa made his locker room speech, when they retired his jersey, he spoke about the culture they had in that locker room and this current roster, just doesn't have it cause they are mostly a collection of players that didn't come up, in the system together.  The win now strategy, will also force a short termed signed GM, to chase players that carries no guarantee, that the player will click with the team/coach: Schmidt. Basically, a bunch of short termed decisions has led to the current mess. 

Imo, the only hope for this current roster, is to trade whomever they can to open some cap, to improve the defence or the NHL miraculously increases the cap by a significant number.  As for Bear, Carolina can afford to trade him for what they did cause they understand the value of drafting & development and if you look at their drafts, they draft based on position with their late round lotteries - especially RHD (very similar to the Canucks tendency with goalies cause of Clarke vs the GM).  With Carolina and their system there was no spot for Bear; luckily Allvin had a need and got something for a non performing asset - so some kudos to the FO but he will still need to be signed, otherwise, this win now move has cost team another pick/asset (albeit a lower round lottery), for a player that might potentially walk.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Lazar

Studnicka

Bear

Aman

Joshua

Dermott (once healthy, it will be determined we they got there - it's not their fault  he's injured)

Traded Hamonic for a 3rd

I don't know why people are trying to create the narrative they have done nothing, because they have. Including attracting the most sought after European free agent who had at least 20 other suitors. 

The "they didn't completely rebuild the blueline in one off season" argument holds no water. 

They added some free UFA's and did some minor trades. Benning could have signed those players. If you were the GM, you could have signed them

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Your reply to Max’s good or not goal question seemed pretty sarcastic to me. Perhaps I mis-read that into it. :frantic:

why wouldn’t I be happy Canucks scored?
Clearly it was a goal which max thought it wasn’t. 
you think Habs control Center won’t check that before letting the puck drop?

pretty sure even the nhl checks every goal before the drop of the puck