The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

Just now, DeNiro said:

If we had lost 3 more games in 2015-16 we would have drafted Matthews.

Instead we drafted Juolevi.

This is why it’s crucial to manage late season losses.

Yup, it's part of why I'm so hellbent on losing as much as possible down the stretch. I remember those meaningless winning stretches towards the tail end of lost seasons, I'd rather not see a repeat. 

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 3

4 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

how about Schenn to Calgary for Lucic and Cole Schwindt?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-scouts-analysis-why-cole-schwindt-could-be-the-wild-card-in-flames-panthers-trade/

He could start on our 4th line next season, with potential to develop into our 3C

I think I'd prefer picks, there's something to be said of trading for known quantities but I'd like another 1st or 2nd 

I don't think that'd be enough for doing Calgary the solid of taking on Lucic's cap hit as it frees them up to make a larger addition, especially if we're giving them Schenn too 

It frees up cap space, sure, and that's an asset but I still think we'd need more than a prospect who was drafted in the 3rd round 

I like the idea of something around Boeser and Schenn to Calgary for Lucic+, Flames need scoring punch

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

With the Coyotes win tonight we're back into the bottom 5, I hope management can pull the trigger on a Schenn trade before we play Nashville. We've got a chance to start cementing a bottom 5 spot if we sell sooner than later. 

Would like to see other selling moves as well. 

wow, if you didnt have such a suitable name I would tell you to look at the cap and salary for Myers and OEL. Why would we shop Schenn at all? resign him. Drop some other shit off the roster.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think I'd prefer picks, there's something to be said of trading for known quantities but I'd like another 1st or 2nd 

I don't think that'd be enough for doing Calgary the solid of taking on Lucic's cap hit as it frees them up to make a larger addition, especially if we're giving them Schenn too 

It frees up cap space, sure, and that's an asset but I still think we'd need more than a prospect who was drafted in the 3rd round 

I like the idea of something around Boeser and Schenn to Calgary for Lucic+, Flames need scoring punch

No problem if we get additional picks, but we know JRPA prefer near NHL ready prospects. He’s reportedly a year off and fits a positional need.

I’d rather exhaust Dmen as returns for Boeser in NJ and LV before seeing Boeser in a Flames jersey.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

wow, if you didnt have such a suitable name I would tell you to look at the cap and salary for Myers and OEL. Why would we shop Schenn at all? resign him. Drop some other shit off the roster.

It's nuts. First of all, the guys a champ. He's in the midst of having a newborn and loves living and playing in 

Vancouver. But also, even though people harp on him about his foot speed and defensive acumen, overall, 

he's played a pretty solid game and is a force, most guys in the league don't want to deal with. 

Plus, you can tell, he's a down to earth kind of person, who's got your back. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

No problem if we get additional picks, but we know JRPA prefer near NHL ready prospects. He’s reportedly a year off and fits a positional need.

I’d rather exhaust Dmen as returns for Boeser in NJ and LV before seeing Boeser in a Flames jersey.

I guess it depends on what happens with Meier, he's the big domino folks are waiting on as far as forwards go. Jersey are supposedly really in on him although other teams like Carolina are in the mix, Vegas too I think. Boeser's probably more a guy teams will pivot to if Meier is moved, or if the cost is just too high. He's probably more a secondary market guy than a player teams are chomping at the bit to get, he hasn't really looked like a scorer this season whereas Meier absolutely has. 

24 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I guess it depends on what happens with Meier, he's the big domino folks are waiting on as far as forwards go. Jersey are supposedly really in on him although other teams like Carolina are in the mix, Vegas too I think. Boeser's probably more a guy teams will pivot to if Meier is moved, or if the cost is just too high. He's probably more a secondary market guy than a player teams are chomping at the bit to get, he hasn't really looked like a scorer this season whereas Meier absolutely has. 

Indeed. Wonder if Meier is dealt this week…

1 minute ago, Pears said:

"Day to day injury" when he’s on the trade block…Dr Evil Whatever GIF

I mean, any team acquiring him is probably gonna do an in depth look at his health and all that and even if he becomes week to week that won't matter to a team who's more a playoff lock like Jersey or Carolina 

7 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree. He wants to be here. Show some class. Give the guy a 2 year deal at a fair price. He's worth it. 

Like you said, unless it's an offer you can't refuse, forget about it. 

I think just have the convo with him and if he has a few teams he wants to go to and try and win a cup we make a trade. I think any team in a playoff spot would pay something to add Schenn