The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

While I appreciate your opinion, you don't really get a say.  If the market is a 3rd, he will get a third, if it's a 2nd, he will get a 2nd.  Reality is, Schenn is going to get dealt to the highest bidder.  As long as he gets dealt , it is positive on 3 fronts.....We get more draft capital that can be used to either pick a player or use to move up/down, we lose a good D which helps us get a better pick, we get to take a look at 1 extra prospect down the stretch.

Yeah I agree 100%. The franchise needs to start making smart hockey decisions. Take the asset in a losing season and forget about being Mr. Sentimentality. It's pointless.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, myre said:

Totally disagree. This is Linden and Sven all over again. I prefer a Rasmus myself. Nobody should be thinking about the now when it comes to returns at the trade deadline for us.

What was wrong with Baer?  He was a solid player and only injuries kept him down.  Otherwise, he'd have been a great contributor

9 minutes ago, Danie_Canuck said:

Just a thought - and I could be wrong - but Scheen’s wife is very pregnant and due on the 3rd of March.  It is highly possible that he came back to Vancouver for the birth of his child vs being traded……..

Just a thought

I'm thinking that as well

1 minute ago, stawns said:

What was wrong with Baer?  He was a solid player and only injuries kept him down.  Otherwise, he'd have been a great contributor

I don't know about you but I would have much preferred Anderson haha

Edited by myre
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Had Baer stayed healthy, id probably prefer baer.  He was the best fit with Bo and they would have made a big difference 

I guess to each their own in this particular case. I can't even believe this would even be a conversation even if he did stay healthy.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, myre said:

I guess to each their own in this particular case. I can't even believe this would even be a conversation even if he did stay healthy.

Why?  He was a solid two way player who had great chemistry with Horvat and was a good teammate.  I like Anderson as well, bit other than injuries detailing his career, I had no issues with the trade.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, myre said:

I would prefer a pick myself. As for any team going deep in the playoffs, I mean it's not a given by any means so just imagine if you end up with a mid 20s pick and you traded it away for him because you got bumped in the first round because you played a hot team or you ended up with a bunch of injuries. It happens with top teams they got knocked off in the first round. 

Yup me too. I find the asks here are pretty ridiculous. It really shouldn't be that difficult of a decision. Are we a crap team going nowhere this year? Yep. Is Schenn a free agent? Yep. Then trade him for what we can. No one is giving us a good young player in return If they do great but no need to over complicate things. It should be simple. Take the pick and move on. Somehow this franchise sure seems to screw up easy things such as this with off the wall ideas.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why?  He was a solid two way player who had great chemistry with Horvat and was a good teammate.  I like Anderson as well, bit other than injuries detailing his career, I had no issues with the trade.

I was never big on the idea of trading for other teams cast offs as if it was some sort of secret. Nobody else knew about. My opinion of the two players is one we could badly use right now and have arguably needed for a long time. The other was and would continue to be redundant on this team

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

21 minutes ago, myre said:

Fully agree, aside from his other deficiencies he was a big member of the "softy" club and would never have been able to compete in the playoffs. He would have been another one of our regular season heroes, yay!

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, myre said:

I was never big on the idea of trading for other teams cast offs as if it was some sort of secret. Nobody else knew about. My opinion of the two players is one we could badly use right now and have arguably needed for a long time. The other was and would continue to be redundant on this team

You don't know what course the season would have taken had the trade not have been made.  Vancouver might have picked higher than #53, or lower.......who knows?  Even if they picked at #53, they may have picked someone else.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't know what course the season would have taken had the trade not have been made.  Vancouver might have picked higher than #53, or lower.......who knows?  Even if they picked at #53, they may have picked someone else.

Well of course they may have. But a very good model to make your team better is by drafting quality players not trading draft picks for other teams cast offs.

• RoughGame 1