The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

3 hours ago, stawns said:

You definitely could be right about that.  However, they're obviously trying to move Boeser and he was just signed

yeah, well, I think they're in for a surprise when other teams aren't willing to take Brock without the team taking some kind of salary back. It's a flat cap league right now, and not a ton of teams have a lot of cap space these days, so it's going to be hard to fit Boeser under the cap with another team that's struggling just as much as the Canucks are with cap space, and the teams that do have cap space, well, I'm not sure if they'd be interested in Brock to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, tas said:

wait, are there actually people who think brock would clear waivers?

The only issue with him for waivers is teams that could actually use him being capped out, bottom feeding teams could pass on him due to term/tanking so limited options etc. but there's no way he goes unclaimed. Further he actually does have value despite some crying on here, so waiving him is absolutely moronic. And not happening. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I agree with that, but he's also not getting waived that is ridiculous,

yeah, waiving Brock is silly. 

he's having a bad year, but he's a good player, he wouldn't go unclaimed that's for sure. 

and he's an asset, why would we just put him out there for all the other teams to take him for free, and not get anything for him? 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

The all time bad Boeser takes have leaked into here as well? He's not getting waived, even if he were the reason most teams wouldn't take him is cap. The teams that want him are at the cap. The teams with the cap either want to save it for their RFAs or want Bedard and Boeser makes them better. So would he get claimed, very unlikely. Is it cause he is garbage? No.

But back to this kid. When can we sign him, or at the very least attempt to sign him? Is it when his specific season ends? Does he sign a 3 year ELC or would it be like a 1 or 2 year deal? I assume 2 year if he signs before the end of the season. We don't sign very many college kids and my memory is ass.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The all time bad Boeser takes have leaked into here as well? He's not getting waived, even if he were the reason most teams wouldn't take him is cap. The teams that want him are at the cap. The teams with the cap either want to save it for their RFAs or want Bedard and Boeser makes them better. So would he get claimed, very unlikely. Is it cause he is garbage? No.

But back to this kid. When can we sign him, or at the very least attempt to sign him? Is it when his specific season ends? Does he sign a 3 year ELC or would it be like a 1 or 2 year deal? I assume 2 year if he signs before the end of the season. We don't sign very many college kids and my memory is ass.

ELC length is based on age.

The length of the entry-level contract is also dependent on the player’s age:

18-21 years of age: 3 years

22-23 years of age: 2 years

24 years of age (and up to 27 years of age for European players): 1 year

• Cheers 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, canuck73_3 said:

The only issue with him for waivers is teams that could actually use him being capped out, bottom feeding teams could pass on him due to term/tanking so limited options etc. but there's no way he goes unclaimed. Further he actually does have value despite some crying on here, so waiving him is absolutely moronic. And not happening. 

Minnesota has cap problems, a trade with them using retention will make them better.

If they can get him now at close to the price they pay Greenway they might do it, but the Canucks retain and probably take back a contract That makes it expensive for them. A first no doubt even if it is in 2025, of course 2023 would be better.

Apology, this is a thread about Livingston, who I think is fait accompli

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

8 hours ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Minnesota has cap problems, a trade with them using retention will make them better.

If they can get him now at close to the price they pay Greenway they might do it, but the Canucks retain and probably take back a contract That makes it expensive for them. A first no doubt even if it is in 2025, of course 2023 would be better.

Not getting Greenway Guerin already thinks his team is soft enough as is, they're just not a fit for Boeser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Are we looking to sign Jake Livingstone or Brock Boeser out of the NCAA?

If we can get a strong RD prospect with the Isles pick and Livingstone out of the NCAA (Being NHL ready) the right side is shaping up a bit better. 

Reinbacher with the Isles first and Livingstone outta College FA and suddenly I am not ashamed of our right side depth. Woo as well can become a serviceable 6/7 guy with edge to his game.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Reinbacher with the Isles first and Livingstone outta College FA and suddenly I am not ashamed of our right side depth. Woo as well can become a serviceable 6/7 guy with edge to his game.

Exactly this, and if we want to go ever further a Boeser + move for Severson and we have a prime aged RD as well.  Not the ideal RD, but likely fits a better need than Boeser where we have 1000's of wingers already.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Exactly this, and if we want to go ever further a Boeser + move for Severson and we have a prime aged RD as well.  Not the ideal RD, but likely fits a better need than Boeser where we have 1000's of wingers already.

My interest in Severson has dropped off in recent years. Seems like the type to make head scratching plays. And I don't know if he can play a bigger role here. He was hung out to dry in New Jersey for many years though, maybe a fresh start here might help. He had his role reduced with Dougie Hamilton being the main RH guy. But yeah, he was a healthy scratch earlier in the year no? That was on a good team. I dunno how well he'd do getting cooked on our team after getting cooked on New Jersey for so many years. Especially with all the media and fan attention players get here.

At the very least it gets us out from Boeser, so I can see the value from that standpoint. If Severson falters, we let him walk. If he does well, maybe we can get him to buy in on a deal to keep playing alongside Hughes or OEL.

This is who I'd like to see get a legit shot on the Right side next season. Shut down D-Man with some offense.

Filip Johansson

Defense -- shoots R
Born Mar 23 2000 -- Vasteras, Sweden
[22 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 181 [185 cm/82 kg]
Drafted by Minnesota Wild
- round 1 #24 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft

1.png Filip Johansson   (RD)   Frölunda HC      1.png SHL    38   4   9   13
  • Cheers 3

17 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Are we looking to sign Jake Livingstone or Brock Boeser out of the NCAA?

If we can get a strong RD prospect with the Isles pick and Livingstone out of the NCAA (Being NHL ready) the right side is shaping up a bit better. 

I believe it's Brake Livingster... some kinda merge between the two.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2