The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Dude loses track of what's going on and gets tongue tied. Needs some Jr. league play-by-play practice.

Needs to be fired unless he starts attempting to conduct himself like a professional.  Openly cheering against us on a national broadcast is simply unacceptable.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Imagine Kent Hughes calling you up and saying.. Listen.. You got this Sean Monahan guy who's paid 6m x 1. Give me a first and we will take him so you can give huberdeau 10.5 x 8 till 38 year olds and have the same point totals as Sean :P

Sure they made that trade to sign Kadri but it's another 7m till 39 yo deal lol. Freaking Tkachuk almost has as many points and weegar huberbust and Kadri combined for 1/3rd of the cost:lol:

Tree living got a lot of props when he made those deals in the summer. But that was then and this is now.::D

so happy that boring Sean is making him look stupid.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Probably going to see one of the best, most inspired games of the year to date by the Canucks. Just think they're going to put their heads down and work.

They're no doubt sick of the negative, uncertain talk going round and, to a man, I think they'll put in a big effort.

I hope that you are right. But whenever I have high hopes this team lays an egg. Whenever I have low expectations, they play lights out.

I’m going into this game with a relaxed attitude. I’m going to leave the Scotch in the liquor cabinet and drink beer instead. We’ll see how it plays out.

GCG :gocan:

• Cheers 1

Simply put a must win game. Lose and I'd say this season is done, we can't keep dropping so far below .500. Win and we make some serious ground on the Pacific.

Special teams will be interesting, they have a bad offence and PP coming up against a terrible defence. Our offence is fire and their D is usually solid. Should be a good game.

4-2 Canucks

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No Huggy-Bear pairing?!? :mad:

Why tease us with different pairings and then not even use them?!

Agreed. Why only change stillman for burroughs? the defence sucks.

I don't like the other changes much either. Dries is serviceable but they've tried boser and garland, it's a nothing line which is bad defensively. Lazar or studs with miller and horvat is fine but pretty minor.

I'd have benched miller to send a message myself. I'd also switch the lines massively as it's just not working. Something more balanced like:

Kuz-Pettey-Mik

Studz-Horvat-hoglander

Garland- Aman - Joshua

Boeser- dries- lazar