The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Pretty sure both OEL and Horvat dodged point shots that ended up in our net...

Horvat’s was disgusting.

Casually moves out of the way and then doesn’t even look bothered when he sees it’s in the back of the net.

Like can you fake that you care for fans sake?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

One thing, that was probably not talked about. Linden is a developer as well. Probably isn't good to have an owner who's a developer and a President with a separate company in the same field. Linden was doing well outside of the Canucks. If Aqua's weren't going to build the team the proper way. Why stay and get tangled in possible conflict of interests on multiple levels.

Linden's also a dad now, and he had his kid at an older age than most, his priorities are likely different now 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Horvat’s was disgusting.

Casually moves out of the way and then doesn’t even looked bothered when he sees it’s in the back of the net.

Like can you fake that you care for fans sake?

probably already mulling over which teams he'd be willing to sign & trade to go to

knows hes not gonna be here

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Horvat trade will determine what this management team is about.

I like Mikheyev, management had an eye for him. We need more guys like him. Kuzmenko was a good pickup. Bear has been a good pickup.

Hindsight the Miller deal is looking scary. Stillman trade was a bit of a miss, but others have said we wouldn't have gotten Bear without it.

IMO I just think the pitchfork mentality is out a little too early for this management group. It's only been a year.

The Horvat trade will completely determine what this management group is about. I'll reserve judgement until then.

It’s already been reported they want players back in a Bo trade and they don’t want to tear it down. Seems like a win now trade. That would lose me.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, dougieL said:

Pretty sure both OEL and Horvat dodged point shots that ended up in our net...

OEL was never a shot blocker. We need another LD that can suppress shots better.

Horvat was never capable of blocking a shot even if he tried. Poorly positioned defensively -- and that's why he's a poor PKer.

Honestly, I feel like Horvat's checked out mentally and is interested only in padding up his stats.

Sooner we trade Bo, the better it is.

He might score 50 goals if he finished the season with us but that's like Cheechoo scoring 50. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Tank hard this season. Sell everyone, and try and get a top 3 pick. 

Martin and Delia in net for the foreseeable future, sets us up nicely for a tank. 

Either one of Bedard, Fantelli, Michkov, or RHD Reinbacher would be great.

it is impossible to tank with the high scoring roster like the Caucks have.

and with the cap situation around the league, the canucks can only mak one or two moves involving big name/contract players.

if the trades involving Horvat/Kuzmenko are near the deadline, it's too late to tank hard.

the big blow-off will be during the offseason, i.e. after the draft lottery.