The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday December 19 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

No Pettersson = another ho-hum game ahead, I think. Horvat's already giving the "we gotta do this and we gotta do that" comments, but that doesn't mean they will. 

I think it would go a long way if JR/PA were clear about the Canucks future, but it sounds like they want to switch out players, change up the mix and have a go at the 2023 playoffs. Sounds like they have very little interest in the Draft. 

I've been upset about the team this year. They were supposed to be good. But so far they've sucked and so I wanted a mini-rebuild, and elite prospects developing and Draft Day to be a real event with lots of great picks, maybe they even get into the Top 3. And seeing JR/PA do nothing to go in that direction has ticked me off, and that wastes a lot of energy and space in my head. :lol:  So, I guess if this is what they want to do, then what choice as a diehard Canucks fan do I have? I love them too much to quit, so I'll go along for the ride.

Playoffs or bust baby! :towel:  

He's been nothing short of terrible at times this year, but I liked Stillman's game against Minnesota and Winnipeg.

Our chances of winning this one have plummeted with Petey out. 

Garland, Miller, Boeser, Kuzmenko, Hughes please show up tonight hey?

If I was Petey I would be sick of this shit too. Only so much you can do when you are only one out of a handful of players that give a damn in this bleak no plan, plan direction. Hope Petey has a good Christmas and the boys will be getting coal tonight for their poor efforts in front of the home faithful. I sold my tickets, would rather be safe and warm at home then risk commuting to the Roj for a half assed effort. Nope fill your stockings with that fruit cake!

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

I want to see everyone fight tonight. If it leads to a loss, better draft position. I don't care about the score any more, just show some desire and might. Horvat needs to throw a huge center ice hit and then win the retaliation fight--even if it means breaking a finger nail...Same goes for Miller, and the rest of the nuckleheads.

GCG

You stand a better chance finding a Unicorn or Bigfoot. ::D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We were almost shutout last game but OK.

I’m confused by your statement. Last game? 5-1 Winnipeg  How man times have we let in less than 3 goals? Twice? Who can move the puck up the ice other than Bear and Hughes? 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

One last thing is these recent losses are what fans are asking for, they are early Xmas gifts, the tank.

This is what a tank might look like, close and almost there but a loss.

Now if management actually stated this was part of a plan fans would not be throwing jerseys

It would alleviate much of the fan lack of trust and the lack of faith in the front office.

It would also ease the pressure on the players and fan attacks on individual players.

It would not take 8 years if they were in earnest, but they can make it take 8 years by doing it ONE BRICK AT A TIME.

If they lose think of it as part of the secret plan.

I know not much about the game but then the team has made most things not about a game either. At least not one's they are no shows.

Very easy for this to be a blow out.

This is unintentional tanking, support it :towel:

Its just too bad they are spending the max cap to do it. ::D

• Upvote 1