The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Why would we want horvat to extend here? 

He's too old for where we are as a team and too expensive to keep around as a leadership veteran role

Let’s not pretend this was the plan. They basically chose Miller over Horvat after they extended JT in the off-season.

Nice call…NOT!

Just now, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

It's literally been confirmed by the team that only those two players as of now are sick not playing as a result, how is that speculation? 

If the team/coach actually comes out with a statement that more players are actually sick, that's what confirmation is. 

I don't know what you don't understand about that. 

They’re not going to announce everyone who has/had it teams rarely do. When it went through the 03 St Louis team it din’t get brought up until after the series. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I’m as frustrated as anyone, but if someone thinks this they definitely haven’t watched this franchise since the very beginning. There have been many more iterations of the Canucks who were even more terrible. Sadly, the frank reality is 75% of the time that the Canucks have existed has been mired in mediocrity or worse. The good times are the rare ones and it’s why they’re so cherished and memorable by fans who are used to losing.

1983-87 There wasn't even hope.

1997-2000 Was the Darkest of times

The team had a winning record in 1974-75 and 75-76. Then would not have another winning record for 16 damn years.

• Cheers 4

29 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Do you know a site for year by year stats on SV% and PK?  I'm thinking this must be the worse in our history.

This site has those stats but not all on one page. You have to keep hitting previous season to look back.

www.hockey-reference.com>teams>VAN

or use this link

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrO7tGYVaFjN1gARhLrFAx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1671546393/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.hockey-reference.com%2fteams%2fVAN%2f2023.html/RK=2/RS=gvZ4BzeAXPiDrqDz62_gpKgaD.I-

I looked as far back as 2000 for the PK% and only 2016/17 was close to this bad at 76.68%

• Cheers 3

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Intelligent response. Miller sucks at defense. Sorry that's proven over multiple games. If you want to cling to one game. Good for you. 

No you and so many like you use him as a constant for your bashing. If you followed todays game you would have seen him skate from one end to the other and stop a couple good scoring chances. That last game, we saw Bo just give up on a play while we were short handed for a line change and no one says anything. If Miller did that , you would have been all over it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

No you and so many like you use him as a constant for your bashing. If you followed todays game you would have seen him skate from one end to the other and stop a couple good scoring chances. That last game, we saw Bo just give up on a play while we were short handed for a line change and no one says anything. If Miller did that , you would have been all over it.

He's -11 on the year. Enough said.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

11 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Except that we are a Jeckyl and Hyde team - our offense is GF 11th and PP 7th but GA 30th and PK 32%. So right we get to watch goals being scored by the Canucks, but also poor defensive plays. This is what's weird about our team, we're not bad in all areas - we're bad in the ones that lose games - GA and PK.

There is nothing weird about this team. Just a bad team.

A bad team is a bad team.

17 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This is one of the worst teams in the league, and the only way I see things getting better in the long run is if they get even worse in the short term, which is hard to even imagine. Dark times indeed.

Lucky for me, I've mostly stopped caring. I'm not letting this sorry bunch drag me down.

Not just this year but the worst record in the league, in the last 7 years.  Apathy