The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Group A | Dec. 26, 2022 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

Canada’s immaturity showing. We’ve seen groups like this before.

We’ll see if they wanna keep playing like a bunch of individuals, or if they come together as a group and play like a well structured, disciplined team, that capitalizes on their opportunities.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canada’s immaturity showing. We’ve seen groups like this before.

We’ll see if they wanna keep playing like a bunch of individuals, or if they come together as a group and play like a well structured, disciplined team, that capitalizes on their opportunities.

wright better step up wearing the "C"

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Brant Clarke not as good advertised? 

It felt like he kept trying to play more as a forward than a defenseman. There was one offensive zone shift I noticed where he just camped himself at the left side hash marks and didn't even bother trying to go to his RD position. It looked like it really messed up the other defenseman on the ice with him as they didn't know where to cover.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

It felt like he kept trying to play more as a forward than a defenseman. There was one offensive zone shift I noticed where he just camped himself at the left side hash marks and didn't even bother trying to go to his RD position. It looked like it really messed up the other defenseman on the ice with him as they didn't know where to cover.

No we don't need that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

First full game I've seen Bedard... top tier skill, skating and shot, but tries to do it himself too often. Instead of going 1 on 5, maybe pull back and attack as a team? Does he play like this in the CHL? Also seems like he's going to take a lot of minors when he gets to the NHL, needs to clean up his checking efforts.

Maybe he will fall to us at number 6 now 

• Cheers 1

I know it's only one game but I wonder how much this tournament will affect draft rankings. Usually it's a good chance to prove to everyone how strong the Scandinavian leagues are compared to the CHL. Canada looked like small boys against the Czech men which is ironic considering how many NHLers they had, but still long way to go in this tournament.

Was expecting a lot more from Fantilli and Bedard to be honest. I guess in McDavid's first U20 tournie he only had 4 points in 7 games, then 11 in 7 the next one and he was probably still younger than most guys there so it's early days for Bedard.

21 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know it's only one game but I wonder how much this tournament will affect draft rankings. Usually it's a good chance to prove to everyone how strong the Scandinavian leagues are compared to the CHL. Canada looked like small boys against the Czech men which is ironic considering how many NHLers they had, but still long way to go in this tournament.

Was expecting a lot more from Fantilli and Bedard to be honest. I guess in McDavid's first U20 tournie he only had 4 points in 7 games, then 11 in 7 the next one and he was probably still younger than most guys there so it's early days for Bedard.

Is it more than just Benning who, as a GM, sees himself as a super duper scout so attends a tournament and identifies “his” guy and overrules years of work by his scouting department?  If there are more Benning GM’s then for sure a guy could pop and get picked.  Look at Juiolevi and Klimovich.  

13 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

SO DOES BEDARD GOT IT WHEN PLAYING WITH FASTER SKILLED BIGGER PLAYERS...DO YOU STILL TANK FOR HIM...I WILL WATCH A FEW TEAMS AND SCOUT IT OUT MYSELF...WILL GIVE THE HOCKEY WORLD THE THE PLAYERS TO PICK DRAFTED OR NOT...

Well he excelled in the summer tournament with a bigger age gap, and didn't shy away from physical play.  Entire team didn't work well together so I won't single him out for trying to do too much.  

Nothing a good old fashioned bag skate can't fix.

• Cheers 1