The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dont care.

Cheech disagrees with you but I have never played goal in the NHL and maybe Bruce was thinking to leave him in for some reason? that seems daft...

My point was that sequence had nothing to do with why we lost the game but knew CDC would be in a lather about it. 

The only thing I know is that you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, spit in to the wind… and so on

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Devron said:

Anyone else can’t stand Mark Scheifele? That guy seems like an Uber douche. Not just cause of his hattrick but everytime I see that guy I cringe. I wanna like the Jets but can’t cause I can’t stand that guy 

My Ex knew him in HS in Kitchener and said he did have his moments of being high and mighty. I know what you mean, the look he has in the new Hyundai commercial has (douche) all over it. And if the rumours are true of him challenging Wheeler in the locker room  then there is something to that. 

D2CE5CF8-F5D2-4480-936C-43BEBA8370F9.gif

• Vintage 1

Seems to be a lot of “Hockey Moms” on here protecting a 3rd string goalie who makes nearly 1m per 8 months for limited action, who should know enough to get off the ice when his Coaches and players are telling him to.

Delia stopped the progression of play because he was putting himself as the last player off the ice , in behind the play.

He killed the “extra attacker” option .

The idea is to have him off, with another attacker on the ice ,  especially when your 1 min from game end and down on goals.

Delia only proved to us that he is a 3rd stringer who in 5 nhl seasons has played a grand total of 34 games..  this year making 750 k for 2-3 games total so far.

He should have been off at the 2min mark,  and through  his own fearfulness created this situation.

Has anyone never seen a skater go behind his own net, or stay in his own end  with the puck, only to get the Goalie to the bench?

I was yelling at him from here ,.  I’d like to thank JT for expressing the proper emotion to finally get Delia to move.

Sorry to all the “hockey moms” who want to treat professionals as their children who need protecting.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • RoughGame 4
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dont care.

Cheech disagrees with you but I have never played goal in the NHL and maybe Bruce was thinking to leave him in for some reason? that seems daft...

My point was that sequence had nothing to do with why we lost the game but knew CDC would be in a lather about it. 

Your right about the sequence not costing them the game ,but it might have been a reason why the game wasn’t tied up with miller spazzing out  instead getting the puck p and himself out of there. He needs to stfu and pull his own weight instead of whatever the he|| he was trying to prove. It wasn’t Delia wasting 20 seconds it was miller. 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I disagree with Cheech on a few things I guess.. lol

Yes, it's not the reason the team lost, but JTs actions definitely make him a focal point. His focus should've been on breaking out as quickly as possible, not what Delia was doing. Had he just gone about his business like 99% of players in the league, it's not a talking point and people may question "why wasn't Delia called to the bench sooner?"

Ha. I understand you opinion about Cheech but this is just another mnt from mole hill about JT.

For the record, I dont like JT yelling at an AHL'r but to question his leadership is also something you and I dont know. People like BB and Bo have praised JT enough for his leadership so I will defer to them. 

I really dont think grown men that play a full contact professional sport are scared of loud noises. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Your right about the sequence not costing them the game ,but it might have been a reason why the game wasn’t tied up with miller spazzing out  instead getting the puck p and himself out of there. He needs to stfu and pull his own weight instead of whatever the he|| he was trying to prove. It wasn’t Delia wasting 20 seconds it was miller. 

Was he spazzing out or was he telling a guy too get off the ice?

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

their pk setup is so terrible and over complicated.  There's a reason that the pk boxhas stuck around for so long........it works.  I feel like they're making it more complicated than it needs to be

Yeah it's non-sensical. When you're struggling simplify the approach, box it up, and chip it out. Don't get over-complicated when you're lacking the personnel. Asking Myers to both identify those reads and get his massive body in the right spot is a big ask, and unnecessary.

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

No offense, but I feel like people that cite "being too quiet" as a negative for a captain haven't been in many high level dressing rooms.  Even keeled, knowing how to manage relationships and being a good bridge between players and coaches is what makes a good captain........rah rah rah is just a myth that non playing fans seem to cling to

I've always found it's strange what makes a Captain. It can be unique to each team with different skillsets but that player needs to be a conduit for every other player and the coaches. They have to be aware of the teams morale, anticipate and resolve conflicts and problems, be positive, and always be thinking about the entirety of the situation. This entails showing calm under pressure and also having a cool head when big games are on the line and responsibilities arise. They need to set an example always and conduct themselves in a way befitting of the club they are representing.

The rah rah thing is for movies and watchers, players at the top level shouldn't need help getting pumped up. The volume of one's voice has no determination on whether or not they are Captain material.

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lazar?  It is a bit of a mystery though.

Uh ... yah. Duh I knew I was forgetting someone. Another BB Things that make you go:

music video dance GIF

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Can totally agree.

But JT has become such a booeyman that people cant just talk a crap play but have to fantasize about their impressions of leadership. They ignore what guys that actually work with JT say.

I have been around enough different styles of leadership in sports and business settings that I know there are all sorts of approaches.

I like a player like JT on the team. He screws up and contributes. At the end of the day I think he is worth it. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Was he spazzing out or was he telling a guy too get off the ice?

Miller’s not a quarterback and it’s not miller’s call. Delia doesn’t move possibly because he may not of known if miller’s going to pass the puck forward or laterally. He also doesn’t turn to look at miller because he’s focusing on the bench like he’s supposed to do. At which time miller’s wasting time yelling. When he should have had his a$$ in gear. In all my time and I’m twice delias age I’ve NEVER seen a goalie leave his position whilst the puck is still in the D zone, much less the puck being behind the net. Unheard of period !!!!!

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Miller’s not a quarterback and it’s not miller’s call. Delia doesn’t move possibly because he may not of known if miller’s going to pass the puck forward or laterally. He also doesn’t turn to look at miller because he’s focusing on the bench like he’s supposed to do. At which time miller’s wasting time yelling. When he should have had his a$$ in gear. In all my time and I’m twice delias age I’ve NEVER seen a goalie leave his position whilst the puck is still in the D zone, much less the puck being behind the net. Unheard of period !!!!!

Coach is waving him out....if he's not responding maybe he isn't paying attention and JT's got every right to follow what the coach wants/is asking for.

We still had a chance to tie it up at that point...Miller's running on adrenalin and is desperate to get a tie. Which he really shouldn't be faulted on...damned if he does/doesn't. Some are just anti Miller and he'll never do right by them. Even when he does. We always need a scapegoat here and he's the flavour of the season.

If he wasn't one of our top point getters? Sure. But he is.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

Anyway, I wonder how much ice time Pederson and Studnicka will get next game.

Studs penalty wasn't too bad after a second look but from a distance it looked to be a hook. Pederson's lazy knee hang was unacceptable. 

Can't have the bottom guys getting calls against WPG. We arn't good enough as a team, especailly our pk.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, chon derry said:

You’re right about the sequence not costing them the game ,but it might have been a reason why the game wasn’t tied up with miller spazzing out  instead getting the puck p and himself out of there. He needs to stfu and pull his own weight instead of whatever the he|| he was trying to prove. It wasn’t Delia wasting 20 seconds it was miller. 

Lol..

“Oh Hi Colin,  it’s me JT, you’ve just watched me skate behind your net.

I have the puck now, and I’m just going to ask you politely to skate to the bench …. When your comfortable to do that ok?

We need to get an extra skater on ok?

The bench is over there to your left,

there you will see Bruce Boudreau waving at you to come on down.  He’ll have a water bottle and a towel waiting for you..  thank you.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah it's non-sensical. When you're struggling simplify the approach, box it up, and chip it out. Don't get over-complicated when you're lacking the personnel. Asking Myers to both identify those reads and get his massive body in the right spot is a big ask, and unnecessary.

I've always found it's strange what makes a Captain. It can be unique to each team with different skillsets but that player needs to be a conduit for every other player and the coaches. They have to be aware of the teams morale, anticipate and resolve conflicts and problems, be positive, and always be thinking about the entirety of the situation. This entails showing calm under pressure and also having a cool head when big games are on the line and responsibilities arise. They need to set an example always and conduct themselves in a way befitting of the club they are representing.

The rah rah thing is for movies and watchers, players at the top level shouldn't need help getting pumped up. The volume of one's voice has no determination on whether or not they are Captain material.

Uh ... yah. Duh I knew I was forgetting someone. Another BB Things that make you go:

music video dance GIF

Mike Yeo needs to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1