The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Needs to dig out some old videos of Sutter/LE and sit the PKers down to view.  What was it ... 39 consecutive PK shifts over 27 games without their duo being scored on?  I remember Shorty saying it was some kind of record at the tine

their pk setup is so terrible and over complicated.  There's a reason that the pk boxhas stuck around for so long........it works.  I feel like they're making it more complicated than it needs to be

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree that it shouldn't be Miller. IMO it should be Petey.

Might pan out that way, but too quiet, and 3 self- effacing Swedes in a row?  (And it doesnt have to be your best player ... Landeskog - McKinnon comes to mind)

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

75vwxr.jpg.dfabcf2cc57e6dde7960999ddc6547f9.jpg

After the play was over, Schenn went verbal as they skated to the bench.

I could just see Delia skating away from the net, as Miller tries a cross the crease pass, bounces of Delia and into the net.

I'd be more annoyed with Delia if it had been any other Canuck carrying the puck.

If Quinn had it, I'd have reached through my T.V. and pushed Delia to the bench myself.

He’s most likely never had to deal with something like that. And as long as I’ve watched/ played I can’t remember a player calling it like some kind of quarterback play ,That only made sense to him in the moment. Im giving Delia. The Benefit of doubt. Simply Because there’s no shortage of it all the way around. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Might pan out that way, but too quiet, and 3 self- effacing Swedes in a row?  (And it doesnt have to be your best player ... Landeskog - McKinnon comes to mind)

I agree with too quiet, but he does hate to lose. I think that he's more aggressive than the Sedins. And no, it doesn't have to be the most talented player. But if Bo's gone, then who else? 

45 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And it's equally obvious that Miller will be the Canucks next captain after Bo moves on

Pretty hard for one of the laziest most selfish players to call out players for playing the way he does. 
it’ll be good for his already inflated ego though. 

he’s closer to being a buyout candidate than a captain. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Miller sucks at center. Okay let's send Nils down and see if that works. :lol:

Just joking Miller fans. Kind of ... but seriously what does this mean, who plays 4th line C Pederson, Studnicka, or am I missing something?

Lazar?  It is a bit of a mystery though.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

We have a 12-22-1 record against the Jets since they moved from Atlanta. And when playing in Winnipeg they have a 5-15 record. When they were the Thrashers we had a 7-2 record. 

I know basically anytime we play the jets we're in for a tough night. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

If we wanted to make him captain it should have been when he got here. Taught the whole team to make high risk plays and float defensively so we could have truely competed for Bedard this year.

I just had this funny image of 5 guys skating together in the offensive zone like the Mighty Ducks, then a spin around drop pass to no one ... at which point they all shrug their shoulders, put one hand on the stick, hang their heads down, and saunter to the bench like a whistle stoppage ... except the other team is on a 5 man breakaway.

Then they all start swearing and banging their sticks on the ice and yelling at each other. :lol: The 5 stooges. :lol:

sad audience GIF by South Park

Edited by Gawdzukes