The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they'd find a buyer, Miller is still a top level player and his contract is reasonable.  They'd just have to settle themselves for a moderate return.

Yeah another reason they won't do it. They have to look like all-stars it seems like. So far I've seen more effort put into advertising their front office assembly than fixing the team issues. Allvin seems to be particularly clueless when it comes to the state of the team. He really seems to embody the "it's fine", meme. Every time he talks it's everything is going according to plan no problems.  

It feels like he thinks we're having a successful season. Just need to work a little harder. :picard: At this point we can only hope. I still see them having trouble being two-faced after just courting this guy for 5 months straight just 3 months prior. I don't know that they renag on that conversation, agreement, and planning.

• There it is 1

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

And why do you think they'll choose miller over horvat?

Because we are the worst franchise in the league and closing in on the worst in all of pro sports in North America. I don't agree with signing him either. My route was move both and focus futures for 2 years till all the dead weight naturally falls off.

This roster should not have: 

Horvat 

Miller

Boeser 

Garland

( Reduntant yet valuable guys in the right situation ) 

Moving those guys between last TDL and this summer is where we gain sooo much youth. But we fumbled it as bad as we could have so who knows at this point. Honestly just going to expect a .500 team, Not be sellers, Playoff push and a massive overpayment 8.2x8 on Bo at this point lmao 

19 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Very good point.

Imagine being in Garland and OEL's shoes, coming from Arizona where there is next to no pressure - to Vancouver.

Takes a special kind of person to play in this market.

Need the local kids who bleed our colours from youth. Gosh I wonder who we need... 20221027_122941.jpg.b7e1e473a56a0009a14cef0419bdbedf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Because we are the worst franchise in the league and closing in on the worst in all of pro sports in North America. I don't agree with signing him either. My route was move both and focus futures for 2 years till all the dead weight naturally falls off.

This roster should not have: 

Horvat 

Miller

Boeser 

Garland

( Reduntant yet valuable guys in the right situation ) 

Moving those guys between last TDL and this summer is where we gain sooo much youth. But we fumbled it as bad as we could have so who knows at this point. Honestly just going to expect a .500 team, Not be sellers, Playoff push and a massive overpayment 8.2x8 on Bo at this point lmao 

There's nothing redundant about Horvat.  I'd like to see Garland stick around, but ok-ish, with him on the move.

Miller and Boeser gotta go, imo

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Need the local kids who bleed our colours from youth. Gosh I wonder who we need... 20221027_122941.jpg.b7e1e473a56a0009a14cef0419bdbedf.jpg

Mustard…we don’t deserve nice things…remember!? This team has never gotten 1st overall…this so not Canuck luck my friend. It’s ok to fly Icarus…but watch those wings!! Lol

…that being said…could you imagine!?

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I just refuse to believe that they can watch these games and not see who the difference makers are.  I just can't believe that they'll lose Horvat and Kuz and keep Miller and Boeser........I can't accept they could be that obtuse

One would think but these guys are just making one clueless decision after another. Signing Miller in the first place, blowing all our cap on wingers, signing Boeser to 3 years, blowing a second on Stillman/cap solutions, not obtaining a single dman until Bear.

You would think this situation would be glaringly obvious to anyone who follows hockey but yet I don't feel that it's likely to happen. Hopefully it's as cut and dry as you see it ... and they see it too. Somehow they managed to botch the exact same simple decision just 3 short months ago. :shock: What has changed?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Jimmy Page went to see Band-Maid in Japan. After the show he told Akane how impressed he was with her as a drummer. From someone who had JB on his kit backing him up, that's pretty high praise.

Gene Simmons had high praise for XJapan.   Sold outs at the 55,000 seats Tokyo Dome many times.

https://www.facebook.com/Pitchfork/posts/gene-simmons-once-said-if-x-japan-were-born-in-america-they-could-have-been-the-/10154589044261000/

Two band members died young.  Their lead singer was brainwashed into a cult and got out.  Their is a documentary called- We are X

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1348-we-are-x-tells-the-greatest-rocknroll-story-america-has-never-heard/?mbid=social_facebook

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

One would think but these guys are just making one clueless decision after another. Signing Miller in the first place, blowing all our cap on wingers, signing Boeser to 3 years, blowing a second on Stillman/cap solutions, not obtaining a single dman until Bear.

You would think this situation would be glaringly obvious to anyone who follows hockey but yet I don't feel that it's likely to happen. Hopefully it's as cut and dry as you see it ... and they see it too. Somehow they managed to botch the exact same simple decision just 3 short months ago. :shock: What has changed?

But they've good moves too, so it's hard for me to pin down who they are as a management group.  I liked all their signings this summer, liked the bear trade and even don't mind the Stillman deal, so they are obviously capable of making good hockey decisions. It's frustrating and I don't get how anyone can watch this team and not see who needs to go and who needs to stay.

Miller is still tradable, they just have to accept getting some egg on their face.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I read something last year Rutherford was tutoring PA for eventually taking the reigns  I hope that’s not the succession plan with Boudreau/yeo. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Last radio update was it’s going to be into February.  Not sure which guy it was (Drance, or IMac?) said they saw Demko walking very gingerly and with small steps.  So it sure sounds like he’s a way off.  Then he’s got to get back up to Bubble Boy speed.  Could be a very long time. 

dog day afternoon sigh GIF

Just like the Nucks chances of making the playoffs again...a very long time....

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I read something last year Rutherford was tutoring PA for eventually taking the reigns  I hope that’s not the succession plan with Boudreau/yeo. 

They already gave us the tank commander Stillman, there's no way they'd give us Tank Admiral Yeo too

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's nothing redundant about Horvat.  I'd like to see Garland stick around, but ok-ish, with him on the move.

Miller and Boeser gotta go, imo

Horvat isn't redundant. But he is for our situation. Not to mention his own thoughts should be understood too. It's been like 8 straight years of cameras in his face asking why we suck over and over. He's earned it to move on like anyone who hits UFA years and I think he's mentally checked out of Vancouver. 

We had our window with him and we set this up as bad as we possibly could. We should have the roster we do, Expect a playoff team with a top half of a league prospect pool. That's when you re sign Bo and go for the cup. We are the polar opposite of where we need to be though.

I'll never understand the Miller signing first crap. If you had to pick one you pick Bo... it single handedly ruined another decade lmao

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Mustard…we don’t deserve nice things…remember!? This team has never gotten 1st overall…this so not Canuck luck my friend. It’s ok to fly Icarus…but watch those wings!! Lol

…that being said…could you imagine!?

I would sell my soul to watch EP and Bedard for the next 10+ years. 

Instead we get to watch retirement deals and interviews asking why arnt they worth their pay <_<

• Cheers 3