The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If making the PO is his goal year after year (which he's publicly said many, many times) - he's failed miserably and he's 'guilty' of not coming through with his stated goal.  They've missed the PO 7 out of the last 10 years so I don't know how you argue he's not guilty of failing to meet his goal? 

Again, it's his business and he does with it what he pleases in the end. 

I actually blame the people who support the team financially (buying tickets, merchandise, ect....) because if they didn't, he'd likely change the direction of the team.  Personally, I've stopped financially directly supporting this team for many years now.

Seems like an easy thing to do if you live in Zuffenhausen B)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, billabong said:

Kuz might wanna buy… no one on here knows what he wants to do with his personal investments 

friedman is one of most respected reporters in the biz…he doesn’t make up nothing he always backs up what he says with facts and professional opinions 

Friedman is the king of speculation.

If Kuz wants to buy his agent can set up a company that can own the property. There’s many ways around it.

A lot of players rent though. Especially when the owner probably gives him a sweet deal.

Edited by DeNiro

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure you understand the point of a discussion board. 

You're free to put me on ignore anytime, but whining about an owner who has never spared any expense trying to put a winning team on the ice and bring the city a Cup is beyond ridiculous and I'm going to challenge you on it every time 

Oh I understand what you're saying, but isn't part of owning a professional sports franchise trying to win? And win championships? Or is it business only and the sports part is just irrelevant?  Saying "he spends lots of money so he's a good owner" is lazy argument....that obviously hasn't worked, has it? Aqulini can spend all the money he wants, if the on nice product is poor and not improving  - what's the point? And how is that a saving grace? Spending to the cap every year and being .500 or missing the playoffs is not impressive nor does it achieve anything for the franchise to improve. So tell me again how he's a good owner? Putting profits and business always ahead of the fans and on ice product.

From a internal point of view yes, of course it's a business but from a fan and sport point of view it's much more than just a business...and without the fans he wouldn't' have one or it would relocate. It's going to make money regardless, not hard making money with a Canadian franchise with loyal fans in the revenue sharing era.

I have no problem with you challenging anything, but you let your opinion get in the way if tangible facts and statistics....most points I make I list statistics and examples of why I'm saying what I'm saying.. You just say no because I disagree ...unless you're willing to accept reality it's a losing cause. I have proven many of points to be faulty, and you never seem to be able to admit when when you're wrong. You're always right, and everyone else is stupid, right?

Edited by Harold Drunken

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Missing the point of what?  You chastised FA for wanting to run a profitable business did you not?  Don't all business owners want their business to make money?  Fans that expect FA to willingly let his business flounder for a decade or so are completely delusional.

You don't like how he runs his business vote with your wallet and power as a consumer.  Don't go to games, don't watch on TV, don't buy merch, don't post on the teams official message board.  He has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into this team, never sparing any expense and people want to berate him for that?  Cmon

No I didn't....if you twist my words to try and support you're argument...then sure....I did.  What an ignorant take haha my god.

Again, saying he "spends lots of money so he's a good owner" is a lazy, $hit argument man. He can spend all the money he wants, it doesn't mean anything if the results of that don't materialize and the on ice product stays the same or worse. 

Lots of NHL owners spend money, it doesn't set him apart other than the part where other franchises are improving, stocking the prospect cupboard or competing in the playoffs with a bright future while this team remains stale stuck in the middle with no clear way out.....but hey.....at least he's spending money and franchise is profitable...right? All the other teams that were in the Canucks position 3-5 years ago are ascending while this team has flatlined. But business is business I guess. As long as the billionaire is making money he has  @stawns vote. I guess it's the same quality of argument as Benning was fired for keeping Green, right? Nothing to do with the results of the past 7 years - that's why I can't take you too seriously. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Upvote 1