The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 hour ago, fanofvan said:

And?  You’d be paying $1.1m more for a player who has actually proven he can contribute and who is almost a 2C now.

Nobody's suggesting Kotkaniemi is the only potential solution. He's just the most likely piece (+prospect and pick) coming back from a trade with CAR, and CAR could use Miller. There's a trade that works for both teams there.

Other teams (WAS, PIT, NJD, maybe LAK, VGK etc) could also use him and could also make solid trade packages.

1 minute ago, .Naslund said:

You’re working under the assumption that there are no variables.

I am? Where?

You’re stating as if fact that KK will continue to improve (something he hasn’t done in the duration of his career yet)

Most 22 year old players do continue to improve.

and that all of our players who are currently here will remain here. 

I'm definitely not assuming that :lol: I'd love to move away from a good number of them, Miller included.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, I consider you a friend on this forum aGent and I really respect your opinions and we have some great debates together. But this whole trading of Miller to Carolina for this mysterious JK player who most people can’t even spell or pronounce his name is getting a little out of hand now. I’m starting to think you are his aGent really. No pun intended of course.  :)

Oh and good on you for reminding these posters on what a tilde (~) means. Of course I knew you were approximating JK’s point production. I mean we could even say he is a ~ 1.00 PPG producer. It’s close enough really.  -_-

Just combatting idiocy ;) I have no investment in Kotkaniemi in particular. I do have investment in seeing this team get out from Miller's contract and actually build a deep team that can compete for multiple years though. As I posted above, I'd be fine with any  number of team teams as suitors. CAR and Kotkaniemi ++ does make sense for both teams though and people keep @'ing me with short sighted idiocy and poor reading comprehension.

And he's at .44PPG right now. That's pretty close to .5PPG. He'd need at whopping 3.5 more points over the 55 games he's played this season to actually be at .5PPG :bored:

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

19 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

You’re working under the assumption that there are no variables. You’re stating as if fact that KK will continue to improve (something he hasn’t done in the duration of his career yet) and that all of our players who are currently here will remain here. 

Most young players improve. Is it that impossible to comprehend ... obviously that's what you hope for in a trade. This isn't some off the wall idea. You trade an older fully developed player to a win now team for a younger player who will hopefully improve in the future. There are good reasons for this which have already been explained. Why is that so hard for some people to accept?

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pittsburgh, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings. These are the “4” teams supposedly interested in JT Miller as per the original post from 125 pages ago. 

So are these 4 teams still interested?  Or is the deal Kotkaniemi or bust?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

I would guess there will teams that inquire and I wouldn't be surprised at all if some offers came in from other team as well. Whether they make a trade is another matter entirely.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pittsburgh, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings. These are the “4” teams supposedly interested in JT Miller as per the original post from 125 pages ago. 

So are these 4 teams still interested?  Or is the deal Kotkaniemi or bust?  Enquiring minds want to know. 

No specific teams mentioned.