The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm not a big fan of how disrespectful Canucks fans are to JT Miller.  

You would think that he's Loui E. 

I mean, I think it has less to do with how we feel about Miller and more to do with how we feel about getting as many picks and prospects as we can. We can't keep tanking on the ice but trying to contend off the ice. Our prospect pool is ass, yet we been a bottom 10 team for how many years? It just doesn't make sense. Miller is a great player, and looking at the assets lesser players are getting. It makes sense that organizationally he is more valuable as a trade asset than a player. Just the nature of the situation we are in.

Trading Miller and Horvat will vastly improve our prospect pool. Which will lead to us contending properly. Do we hate them? No. Besides, given Miller's obvious frustrations. I'd bet he'd rather be in the US contending for the Cup rather than spinning his wheels in the mud with us. Horvat was sad about leaving for all of 20 seconds before he got bank. And we drafted that guy. I have no doubts Miller will be ecstatic to be gone. Lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Completely different view and reason though.  Little things was just atrocious and we wanted him out.  JT is a great player that will bring value and we're excited for the return, as well as being grateful that the Canucks brass is finally taking the right approach.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

What about Myers and Schenn ($6.850 million)

To TOR for

Justin Holl 2 mill (UFA), Alex Kerfoot 3.5 mill (UFA)  and Aston Resse (840k) + Matthew Knies (their top prospect)

Salary works if we retain 50% on Schenn... 

Toronto would get two RHD with size for the playoffs. Which they need badly, they are all or nothing. We get a big 6'3 winger (drafted 2021 second round) 

All 3 of Holl, Kerfoot and Reese are UFA's at the end of the season. We open up 6 million in cap space for next season by getting rid of Myers..

Thoughts? Or am I out 2 lunch lol

That’s actually kind of interesting… but I’d bet they’d want us to retain 50 on Myers and would probably target other players first. 

Still. We could certainly help with “size” if that’s what they’re looking for.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, I think it has less to do with how we feel about Miller and more to do with how we feel about getting as many picks and prospects as we can. We can't keep tanking on the ice but trying to contend off the ice. Our prospect pool is ass, yet we been a bottom 10 team for how many years? It just doesn't make sense. Miller is a great player, and looking at the assets lesser players are getting. It makes sense that organizationally he is more valuable as a trade asset than a player. Just the nature of the situation we are in.

Trading Miller and Horvat will vastly improve our prospect pool. Which will lead to us contending properly. Do we hate them? No. Besides, given Miller's obvious frustrations. I'd bet he'd rather be in the US contending for the Cup rather than spinning his wheels in the mud with us. Horvat was sad about leaving for all of 20 seconds before he got bank. And we drafted that guy. I have no doubts Miller will be ecstatic to be gone. Lol.

No, I get all of that...  and I'm okay with a JT Miller trade.  

Just the tone of the Canucks fans has been very disrespectful towards their own player all of this year.  It's not a good look on the fanbase.  People are talking about just throwing him away for whatever they can... acting like he's got the speed of Marek Malik and hands of Jason Dickinson.  

We can't just start throwing fits whenever a player gets paid his market value.  If JT was hitting free agency, some team would've given him more then 8 mil/year. 

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

For sure.  The guys done nothing but put up career numbers for us.  

There’s logical reasons for moving him but he deserves a lot better than those losers give him. Of course, Twitter is just a few idiots making the same half dozen self-deprecating jokes about how bad we are and pining for a rebuild so it’s par for the course really. 

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It is kind of interesting, but it also pretty much single-handedly takes us out of the running for the NCAA prospects FAFrenzy.  :bigblush:

Yeah I read how that can add up quickly.  

Still, a bird in hand is more valuable than two in the bush and all that.  I wouldn’t get too cocky just because we finally landed a freebie in Kuzmenko. 

I do hope it ends up being Pittsburgh or Carolina if he goes, I do think him and his family being receptive to a potential landing spot is important. Not the most important thing, but important. He grew up a Pittsburgh fan, was closer to them than Columbus despite being born in Ohio. Could see him being receptive to either team, one is a contender and the other is his childhood favourite and is close to home. 

He'd probably do well on either team. 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

No, I get all of that...  and I'm okay with a JT Miller trade.  

Just the tone of the Canucks fans has been very disrespectful towards their own player all of this year.  It's not a good look on the fanbase.  People are talking about just throwing him away for whatever they can... acting like he's got the speed of Marek Malik and hands of Jason Dickinson.  

We can't just start throwing fits whenever a player gets paid his market value.  If JT was hitting free agency, some team would've given him more then 8 mil/year. 

I agree, I also think the worst place to gauge a fanbase is Twitter. That place is a hive of scum and villainy. The literal worst people our society has to offer roams there with their negativity. I deleted it a couple years ago, and I feel much better off for it. Every player that plays here talks about how great fan interactions are in person. But players and coaches hate the media mostly. Hell, Torts roasted them on the way out. Said he loved the fans and the city but couldn't stand the media.

Twitter and the media do not represent how these players are treated by the fanbase as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised if most players have social media managers that handle most of their social media stuff these days. For the exact reason that Twitter is filled with complete a-holes. I don't think many here just want him gone for the sake of wanting him gone. Most of us just want to rebuild properly and he's by far the most valuable trade piece we've had in a long while. Miller trade can really get us off to a roaring start to building a proper team. Especially with what we got for Horvat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, at the end of the day, these guys want to win, so if Miller is not winning here, he's probably not happy here. Same with Demko. Other players understand and are okay with being part of the process (rebuild/retool). It's also a business at the end of the day. Bo said all the right things publicly, but once he got the contract he wanted and felt like he deserved. The Islander jersey was a natural fit. These guys will play anywhere, they're almost loyal to no one. 

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I was more referring to the open contract spots.  We should be at most be taking in as many bodies as we sell off; ideally less.

Not sure what this is all about, as it doesn't seem to be related to what I was responding to.

confused-wth.gif

Oh, someone was saying if you sign college fa’s and let them burn a hear their cap hit can actually get kind of high. 

Keeping cap space open for a long shot to sign one isn’t a reason for me to pass up a Myers trade.

Contract number is another dynamic, for sure!

Edited by ilduce39

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, I'll get this started since there is now some actual concrete evidence from the person who broke the Meier return and not just a thought for some clicks...

To Carolina:

JT Miller

Luke Schenn

To Vancouver:

Pyotr Kochetkov

Scott Morrow

2023 1st round pick

2024 2nd round pick

2024 3rd round pick

They can keep Kotkaniemi as they have the cap space to do it.  And they can use him for their playoff run.  A pure futures trade...

I like this. But I will streak not just down the streets of downtown, but straight into work, if Miller is traded to any team for any return before this deadline.

• Tanks a lot 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I agree, I also think the worst place to gauge a fanbase is Twitter. That place is a hive of scum and villainy. The literal worst people our society has to offer roams there with their negativity.

Hahaha what a description 

hells bells disney GIF

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hahaha what a description 

hells bells disney GIF

It’s true, though.  It’s oversaturated with people trying to become podcasters or whatever - they act all horrible to get attention.  

Then so many of them end up having to take mental health breaks.  

Like, yeah man.  You’re spending hours a day being super mean. 

27 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

What about Myers and Schenn ($6.850 million)

To TOR for

Justin Holl 2 mill (UFA), Alex Kerfoot 3.5 mill (UFA)  and Aston Resse (840k) + Matthew Knies (their top prospect)

Salary works if we retain 50% on Schenn... 

Toronto would get two RHD with size for the playoffs. Which they need badly, they are all or nothing. We get a big 6'3 winger (drafted 2021 second round) 

All 3 of Holl, Kerfoot and Reese are UFA's at the end of the season. We open up 6 million in cap space for next season by getting rid of Myers..

Thoughts? Or am I out 2 lunch lol

I'm happy with any deal that would rid of us Myers at this point...

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If the concern is $$$ against the cap, I think with the number of people keeping an eye on the cap calculations in the FO, and considering the actual cash involved compared to the cap hit is disproportionately small in comparison, as long as we are cap compliant (and we will be), burning a year off the contract is just the cost of bringing in the college kids exclusively.  And i'm pretty sure that if a kid is good with signing with us, they'll find a way to make the cap figures work, whether that's signing earlier or perhaps taking in less of a signing bonus.

I hope so - I didn’t really read the thread on how it works.

Livingstone could be the biggest return of the offseason if we land him.

• Cheers 1