The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 12, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm sure the penalty would have been much more important than sticking up for your teammate...

Bo didn’t need to throw a haymaker, but a big shove, collar, or headlock would’ve gone a long way. Who cares if we get a penalty? We have 1.6% shot at the playoffs, lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why is a news reporter asking about Tanner Pearson's injury after a 5-4 loss? Seems pretty sketch, especially since there's no audio/video clip to go alongside this. Wouldn't be surprised if this response was paraphrased from an interview before the game honestly, can't stand this guy 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

39 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

What’d you expect? He was groomed by the Sedins.

i love all 3 of them, but a team doesn’t win by being nice. We need grit, we need a leader. 

Sedins are exemplary with their off-season and their community work, as I’m sure Bo is. 

on the ice, we need and have needed since Linden got traded, a true warrior. 

...............and reason #1 why EP40 should never be allowed to be Captain (bless his heart!)  A lot of people don't seem to understand the importance of that!

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Obviously the refs were literally less than a foot away. Like every time your guy gets punched you have to run around fighting his battles and forget there is a hockey game going on. Not the first player to take a punch, certainly he could have punched him back too.

It just blows my mind what people fuss about. I wasn’t around in the 80’s or whatevs but I guess that’s what they are born from. The game is much different now. I’m sure when Pettersson is captain he’s not going to skate around the ref to punch a guy when there’s 30 seconds left. Lol

The players are players they don’t care what the record is they still want to win the game 

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's just one thing after another. You never hear stories come out of franchises like Tampa, Boston, New Jersey etc. It's just horrible to be a fan right now.

Let’s not get too high on the Broons. Didn’t they sign that piece of trash Mitchell Miller? They had to go through a bunch of legal maneuvers to extricate themselves from that mess.

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

......AND, very likely why Bo will be gone in the next few weeks as JR/PA remove the leadership on this team in an effort to shake off our infamous "Country Club Mentality" our team is so famous for.

I’ll believe it when I see it.  
My guess is old man Ruth is still sleeping, and Alvin doesn’t have the grapes 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Uhh, how? Horvat threw the hit on the guy that dumped.the Luke. Miller is the guy standing at center watching the puck flutter over his head and then watching 2 TB players blow past him and in to the zone as he glides around like a lost blind.man

Horvat should have responded more personally to the punch, even Miller should have hopped in there too. That's your brother on the ice that got clocked. Trying to tie the game shouldn't matter at that point. You gotta have each others back. Disappointed in Bo and everyone who was one the ice that could have stepped up. Should have been a near line brawl IMO. 

Miller atypical lazy backcheck. If you read what I said you'd see I wasn't defending that. He could have been better. 

They both could have been better. The team response to Garland getting clocked should have been better.

• Thanks 1