The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

JR and Boudreau are long time friends. They probably have an understanding and have talked in length about this being Bruce's last year. JR seems like an honest guy, admitting he didn't do a good job, and he didn't lie about talking to other coaches. He tells it like it is. Bruce knows his time as coach is short, but the guy loves hockey and he'll try to coach his best until they tell him he's fired. I am a little concerned about the Babcock rumour, though. 

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

JR and Boudreau are long time friends. They probably have an understanding and have talked in length about this being Bruce's last year. JR seems like an honest guy, admitting he didn't do a good job, and he didn't lie about talking to other coaches. He tells it like it is. Bruce knows his time as coach is short, but the guy loves hockey and he'll try to coach his best until they tell him he's fired. I am a little concerned about the Babcock rumour, though. 

I'll take Babcock in a heartbeat over a convicted felon who would be a nepotism hire.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, combover said:

Because coaching the problem. Lol.

really hope we get a 10-15 game bump to ruin draft odds. 

Francesco’s turned this team into the Arizona of the north. 
It’s The Canadian joke, eh. 

franny’s plan. ADB8778E-18EB-451C-BC84-9EA3B0F43773.jpeg.29f9bb7b6e16e438beae38060a7afff9.jpeg

Tocchet is enough of a cancer that we'd play worse, at the expense of causing permanent damage to our young players.

• Haha 2

Definitely should hire Mike Tyson. That will bring fear to the other bench without stepping on the ice. We are definitely tanking. JR Can't get Rick kehoe out of retirement. He got the next best coach starting with another Rick. They did tank for Crosby that year so who knows... the penguins had 22 wins that year. That's why coach Bruce is getting fired he is out winning the penguins from 2003. 

All signs point to a coaching change this week, but it makes absolutely no sense. 

My hope is they lean in on where we are at now. A quick re-tool could be possible here, but we really could use an NHL ready top prospect coming in next year on an ELC 

The excitement, fresh injection of youth skill, and the cap flexibility adding a Michkov, Fantelli, or (prayers to the big guy or gal upstairs) Bedard could provide, is crucial to a quick turnaround.

• Cheers 1