The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

If they have been planning on firing Bruce for weeks now, it’s ridiculous that he’s even being forced to coach still. Just fire him and have an assistant coach until you get your deal with Tocchet. I feel awful for him. You can see it more and more each game and each interview that he knows what’s coming and he’s just forced to continue on. 

JR is scum. Getting JR and Allvin is the absolute worst decision this organization has made. They are slowly going to decimate the team and organization and the fan base. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have never seen the sports world so upset at a hockey coaches firing in my life. Everyone's piling on the Canucks right now, they're a despised organization. I don't get it. Bruce knew all along he wasn't going to be the coach for long, but yet he has the whole league's media and fans crying for him. It's weird. 

Don’t sweat it dood. Not everyone is gifted with empathy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

I think after BB exercised his right to except the second year which was his option. Jr had to stand off with firing  him since he never knew about the option. A firing would have made FA look stupid in public ,but we all know he is anyway.  

Thinking back to that time, when JR said that stuff last year about Boudreau, regardless of what he knew, or just learned, we should have clued in that he was incapable of re-assuming the POHO position.

At this point, FA should 'retire' JR, but keep PA and his large band (for now) before Rutherford can wreak any more madness on the organization.

Keep Bruce in place, and kick Yeo and anybody else Bruce doesn't want off the the team; tell any pretenders like Tocchet et cetera, to have a nice day.

I do not think anybody wants to see any more of James Rutherford's fall from grace.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Thinking back to that time, when JR said that stuff last year about Boudreau, regardless of what he knew, or just learned, we should have clued in that he was incapable of re-assuming the POHO position.

At this point, FA should 'retire' JR, but keep PA and his large band (for now) before Rutherford can wreak any more madness on the organization.

Keep Bruce in place, and kick Yeo and anybody else Bruce doesn't want off the the team; tell any pretenders like Tocchet et cetera, to have a nice day.

I do not think anybody wants to see any more of James Rutherford's fall from grace.

Those were all clues for sure but the hasty reckless signing of miller before horvat. Based off of 1-99 pt year.  1YEAR !  And then to have the audacity to admit his offer to horvat never included this year. How could he not factor it in ?  I’ve posted both players numbers twice. And it’s abundantly clear horvats numbers are far and away more consistent. But he overlooked that too the old man has dementia and needs to go. 

• Vintage 1