The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta think that if management was thinking of letting him get one more game in that that’s done.

The damage that this is doing to the team is almost beyond repair. They’re gonna need to start trying to put out the fires now. (If they can)

They can’t …this has gone too far. FA needs to gas JR if he wants any hope of saving any type of confidence this team and fan base has in the organization. We are a cancer right now that no one would want any part of.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • There it is 3

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

“It’s different than what I’ve ever seen”

Management unlocked another milestone! Even the players are realizing what a sh$tshow this management has created.

I’ve said it a hundred times since new management took over, there as so many cooks in the kitchen with our management that it seems like we’re paralyzed by either over analysis or indecision, or maybe something else. 

I’m all for being careful, patient and calculated, but this giant team of management seems too so slow to act on anything. 

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

The Golden Age of Canuck dysfunction. 

What we're dealing with now doesn't even scratch that surface. 

Until Hughes and Petey ask for a trade 

• Huggy Bear 2

4 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I wonder if he may resign
There would be no "losing face" in that - (almost) everyone sees what a sh*t show is going on. He could say that he doesn't want to be a distraction etc

Unusual...sure

Unlikely...sure

but this whole situation is unorthodox

After everything that has happened though I still think he wants to coach here, even if it’s one more game.

Even if the writing is on the wall. That’s how much he loves the game and coaching.

His final send off was “see you tomorrow….I hope”. That’s a man that just takes it one day at a time and appreciates every moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No chance are they gonna let this play out again on hockey night in Canada. Not after tonight.

I hope not. If he’s gone tomorrow there might be worse repercussions and talk than if he has one more game. 
Tomorrow is Hockey DAY In Canada so this will be re-hashed for at least 12 hours on national tv. 
This has completely blown up in their faces.

Idiots. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

I hope not. If he’s gone tomorrow there might be worse repercussions and talk than if he has one more game. 
Tomorrow is Hockey DAY In Canada so this will be re-hashed for at least 12 hours on national tv. 
This has completely blown up in their faces.

Idiots. 

This is calculated now though, imho.

you want people to be so disappointed that they willingly accept wholesale change when you want to make it. 
mgmt doesn’t care about being the good guy…JR will take this straight on himself if it means reshaping this club the way he wants to

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We gotta give Tocchet a chance. If the fans get some negative sh## going with him , then hughs and Petey really will want to get out of dodge 

Rutherfraud is turning 74 in Feb. His time is almost up..we don't have to worry about that 

Regardless of who comes in here, no incoming coach will have a warm environment. People love BB, despite his flaws, and they also know that JR's management has screwed up yet again.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 2

Just now, RWJC said:

This is calculated now though, imho.

you want people to be so disappointed that they willingly accept wholesale change when you want to make it. 
mgmt doesn’t care about being the good guy…JR will take this straight on himself if it means reshaping this club the way he wants to

You haven't been paying attention to his talks, have you? He's been pushing blame elsewhere except himself. He's talking about the cap situation, which is laughable because he spent money on UFAs + Miller, leaving no room for Horvat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1