The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think the problem is he cares too much. 

The problem is becoming clearer and clearer... he's an idiot who shouldn't be sticking his nose into "hockey business." 

He, like the "experts" he's hired, and manipulated, don't give a damn. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta think that if management was thinking of letting him get one more game in that that’s done.

The damage that this is doing to the team is almost beyond repair. They’re gonna need to start trying to put out the fires now. (If they can)

But who would coach 1 game?  Agreements were probably already in place etc.  Not like anyone in Management is going to come down behind the bench for 1 game, it would be even more of a disaster.

Just now, amplified0ne said:

But who would coach 1 game?  Agreements were probably already in place etc.  Not like anyone in Management is going to come down behind the bench for 1 game, it would be even more of a disaster.

Let Cull coach for one game. Does it matter?

If they let him go in front of the media again the fire and the outrage is gonna continue to grow. (Probably will anyways)

I think this management will not be gone immediately... I think they will get one more chance to fix it.

Whether they can do that or whether it ends up in a bigger mess is a question no one but them can answer now.

I just hope the foundations of the team are not gone by the time we get some stability.

Those would be:

Pettersson

Hughes

Demko

Plus would be important if Bear, Kuz and Mikheyev stay.

I'd also like to see Horvat stay... but the writing seems to be on the wall.

I don't think Miller is right for this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

You haven't been paying attention to his talks, have you? He's been pushing blame elsewhere except himself. He's talking about the cap situation, which is laughable because he spent money on UFAs + Miller, leaving no room for Horvat.

I’ve watched all of it.

he’s taken blame, and he’s also pointed out where it does truly exist. Unfortunately, players are playing like shit, there is no cohesive team just a group of people wearing the same jersey, and like it or not, Bruce is paid to get wins (even if it’s next to impossible with this schizophrenic roster).

It’s messed up. We can say all the same shit here on CDC, but as soon as the Pres pipes up and basically echoes it all, fans rip him to shreds for speaking the truth. 

Mgmt hasn’t done shit yet, sure.

And added cap issues, yes.

but it’s only been a year. One year.

how much time did we all give Benning, hmmmm? 

this club has been sinking towards this low for a long time. I think JR, right away, knew this was not a sustainably solid club. He has given a good amount of time for that to be assessed and exhausted. And he’s been proven right. 
so, let this iteration collapse on itself, we have not and are not a playoff caliber club, so let it dissolve, stoke it if you have to, but at least get it into position to  dismantle. That’s now been done.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

So this management came in and got rid of players that actually showed well down the stretch last year, jumped the gun and signed Miller with one year remaining while ignoring the teams captain who was on his final year. Signed an inexperienced backup goalie hoping a 10 game sample was indicative of his ability. Completely ignored the same defence that hurt us last year, allowed quality assistant coaches to leave and forced bruce to have to scramble and bring  in less than qualified supportive cast behind the bench. Made some additions in the name of improving the PK which is bottom of the league. Essentially everything management  did ripped out the heart and soul of this team, even before we played a single game. 

like actually f**k this stupid herd mentality mangment group that is so full of themselves that they clearly did not take any consideration about team building and chose to make lateral moves for the sake of making moves. They did nothing to improve the team, yet set the expectations higher. 

like you couldn’t even make this shit up even if you tried 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

Worst case scenario for this team is that Pettersson and Hughes now want out of this dumpster fire.

The media absolutely stokes the fires, but I've lost alot of respect for JR in how he's handled Boudreau.

It feels like things can't get any worse but boy oh boy they still could...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Let Cull coach for one game. Does it matter?

If they let him go in front of the media again the fire and the outrage is gonna continue to grow. (Probably will anyways)

It matters if you have a job or not after.  With rumors there are 2 associate coaches also coming with Tocchet, which may mean he's already negotiated his own coaches.