The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 21, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

The really strange part of this is that Bruce was only here for a year. The connection with the fans in that short period of time is unusual. I don't remember this kind of reaction even when Pat Quinn was fired. 

Edited by Jack Fig
  • Like 2
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well said.

Rutherford: “We need to play with more structure grumble grumble grumble”

**Proceeds to do absolutely nothing to improve the D, penalty kill, or assistant coaches.

“Why didn’t things improve??”

Rutherford admitted he underestimated how difficult his job is. It is a major red flag that the President of Hockey Operations was more delusional about this team than the majority of its fanbase. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Watch us land the number one pick in the lottery, and instead of drafting the home run Bedard, we trade the pick for a haul because FA still wants to win now.

Why is that so bad? Picks aren't guaranteed to pan out, JR already said he is willing to move picks for young players.

Let's not make it out like that's a horrible thing it's a viable move.

12 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

That's bullsh!t.  Let's stop mythologizing him.  He had demko cover the warts last year and no structure to his game, at all, this year.  He has been a huge part of the problem 

Great guy, hated seeing him so disrespected, but he was not good in Van, at all 

• Like 2

Jim Rutherford is destroying the very fibre of this team.  Being at the game tonight and being taunted by a huge number of Oilers fans cheering and jeering and laughing at Canuck fans in their own building is awful.

I did not enjoy it one bit,

Up yours Rutherford.  What is your plan huh buddy?  Just destroy the team and the organization and leave it in shambles and then retire?

Leave Bo in limbo, say you're not happy with the job you've done, say you want a retool, hang the coach out to dry, complain about the defense and do nothing to fix it, have no clear plan for the organization just a negative energy that permeates everything and brings everyone down. Is that honestly what we are all seeing?

What a joke of an old worn out useless has - been this guy is. 

• There it is 3

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well said.

Rutherford: “We need to play with more structure grumble grumble grumble”

**Proceeds to do absolutely nothing to improve the D, penalty kill, or assistant coaches.

“Why didn’t things improve??”

Didn’t Boudreau hire Mike Yeo?  We played with zero defensive structure all year. The GM isn’t responsible for how the team plays on the ice. Not sure how people can say that Boudreau isn’t responsible for the crappy product on the ice. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm sure they will. I'm realizing how much we suck as fans. He's already being lynched left, right, and center here on cdc and he's not even remotely close to even living a second as a Canuck. What a toxic fanbase. I can see why we lose and deserve to do so. 

Don't think you are right. Loving Bruce does not equal hating Tocchet.