The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya, Aquilini is weird as well. Who tf hires a coach before they hire the management group..

a guy in a market that was chanting to fire the coach and manager.

blame rutherford for waffling, then saying no -- forcing the team to trot out smyl -- then waffling again and taking the job -- forcing the team to humiliate smyl.

• Wat 1

50 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Lol tocchet deleted his Twitter account.. bet he didn't want to let us fans know if the canucks will win or lose that day.. inside scoop to the winnings... make big bucks for us fans

It's not that, I think it's more of this weird shitz:

https://twitter.com/KadyDane/status/1617036687682719746

https://twitter.com/FederalDust/status/1616719507531386880

Edited by Neversummer
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

What you think of media is an opinion not fact. You just don't like it as you think theyball should be cheer leaders for a club and keep their interest above media's own. 

That is not how this works in the real world and shouldn't be. If all media behave the way you want, we will not have gotten Chicago's Kyle Beech story. You think that is better, to let Chocago off the hook. 

How badly the media here conducts themselves sometimes is a fact! And, no they don’t have to be cheerleaders…but thanks for putting words in my mouth. There’s a difference between keeping them accountable and toxic negativity, lies, and downright stupid / unacceptable questions, but you believe what you want. This is the problem on this site / in society…..the ignorance in this post is ridiculous and you are twisting what I said! I was talking about how they conduct themselves with certain things, more so anytime the press conferences with this team. Today was another example. You tried to take that and tried and paint everything (media wise) with the same brush and that wasn’t what I was saying. 

So tired of some of the crap on here!! 

Edited by IRR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

BB was never this regimes coach did you not "Seriously" know that? They gave him a fair shake and it failed, just like was mentioned earlier.

So FA spends to the cap but is too cheap to pay out BB and get the desired team in place from the start. 

Instead , they just waste a year of everyone’s time; players , staff, BB, fans and here we are starting all over again.  Not to mention losing credibility and player confidence .
Looks to me like they are just making up things as they go. 

During the Pearson presser Rutherford states he doesn't talk to the players, Allvin does.

During the Trocchet introduction Allvin states he hasn't talked to the players.

W*F? No communication between management and players except during exit interviews at the end of the season?

Talk the talk but Walk the talk? 

So much disrespect for fans, we are all just dummies with fat wallets to be suckered.

• Cheers 1

I find it hilarious how many media members are crying about BB’s treatment when this is the same media that invents humiliating and degrading phrases like “sea of Granlunds” “little things Loui” and “chaos Giraffe”. 

This is obviously a tough industry. Your performance is constantly judged by your coworkers, bosses and fans. It’s not for the thin skinned. 

But for the media (and lots of fans) to start talking about respect now, after the countless mean memes and jokes about everything from Willie Desjardins to Sleepy Jim, and every Megna joke in between, is laughably hypocritical. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, IRR said:

How badly the media here conducts themselves sometimes is a fact! And, no they don’t have to be cheerleader…but thanks for putting words in my mouth. There’s a difference between keeping them accountable and toxic negativity, lies, and downright stupid / unacceptable questions, but you believe what you want. This is the problem on this site / in society…..the ignorance in this post is ridiculous and you are twisting what I said! I was talking about how they conduct themselves with certain things, more so anytime the press conferences with this team. Today was another example. You tried to take that and try and paint everything (media wise) with the same brush and that wasn’t what I was saying. 

So tired of some of the crap on here!! 

That is still your opinion not a fact.

Also what did they lie about this situation.

Bruce was fired. Tocchet is the coach. The timeline was correct. Where is the lie? 

What are the stupid and inacceptable questions? Give me examples.

Media being toxic or not is entirely on you and not them. That is 100% precision. What you think is toxic might be mild to others and vice versa.

It is you trying to for your own cognition onto others here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

They gave him a fair shake and it failed

No- they didn't.

They threw him under the bus immediately at the end of last season; and continued to do so, up to, and including the day, they fired him.

They knew the defense was brutal- so re signed Brock.

they knew the defense was brutal -so they  re signed Miller- after not trading Miller for defensive help

they signed Mik- a decent 3rd line player,

signed Kuz- 

traded out a D man- Hamonic, and replaced him with Dermott, Stillman and Bear. None of whom should be playing above 3rd pair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I hope Tocchets style with Foote as an asst coach finally can change the country club label this team has had for the past 8 year or so.

Both were hard nose players and Tocchet is known as a more rigid coach.

BB said  "weak mentally" numerous times and maybe he wasn't the right guy to change that in the end. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, tkanuk said:

I find it hilarious how many media members are crying about BB’s treatment when this is the same media that invents humiliating and degrading phrases like “sea of Granlunds” “little things Loui” and “chaos Giraffe”. 

This is obviously a tough industry. Your performance is constantly judged by your coworkers, bosses and fans. It’s not for the thin skinned. 

But for the media (and lots of fans) to start talking about respect now, after the countless mean memes and jokes about everything from Willie Desjardins to Sleepy Jim, and every Megna joke in between, is laughably hypocritical. 

The media definitely wants to have it both ways. Why did Friedman need to report Tocchet starts Monday on a national broadcast yesterday?

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tkanuk said:

There is a difference between how fans react to players and amanagement and how professional organizations treat its own people. 

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Bruce was fired. Tocchet is the coach. The timeline was correct. Where is the lie? 

Media being toxic or not is entirely on you and not them. That is 100% precision. What you think is toxic might be mild to others and vice versa.

Mmmm sorry bro...  The media has been ruthless here for 20 years.  Always trying to sell a story regardless of the impact.  You'd think if they cared about Bruce they wouldn't write 97 articles about it and making a mockery of the situation.

Unfortunately bad press is more successful that good press.  Look at any news outlet in the states.....we are like mindless ants eating it up.

Edited by Ronning4center
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

Dude…..WAKE THE F UP!!! This is 100% not just my opinion!! Sooo many see it / feel the same way. If you’re that blind / deaf, then I can’t help you! Again, the ignorance on here from some of you is mind blowing. Use some logic, common sense and that thing between your ears. 

This is a prime example of why I barely come on here anymore! F’n unreal!! 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • elephant 1

The more I think about this move, the less I feel I can trust management at this point. 

1. I don't see a logical reason for this coaching change

2. I don't like how this was handled and how it was mentioned candidates were being looked at before the firing.

3. I'm tired of hearing the word "retool"

4. We're not coming back from this low this season, even if we had a miracle run.

5. I hope we don't have a miracle run because there's less chance on Bedard.

This has nothing to do with Bruce's personality or what I think of Bruce. This, to me, has everything to do with how things were handled and I would think the same thing of most coaches in Bruce's position. It wasn't fair and a rather questionable decision in my opinion.

I'm historically a defender of management as I believe there are a lot of things we don't see under the hood; however, I can't defend this.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1