The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah, glad the drama is over. We have a new coaching staff, and the potential for a new team identity. Look forward to seeing how the players respond, how the systems work, who stays and who goes. Love that there’s no pressure to win. 30 games to spend in the garage to tinker, a likely active TDL, and off-season, and a top 10 pick in a deep draft. 

Yup, I believe the worst may be behind us and best of all there shouldn’t be any more excuses for not moving in a progressive direction. About 5 weeks until TDL. Interesting times ahead. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah, glad the drama is over. We have a new coaching staff, and the potential for a new team identity. Look forward to seeing how the players respond, how the systems work, who stays and who goes. Love that there’s no pressure to win. 30 games to spend in the garage to tinker, a likely active TDL, and off-season, and a top 10 pick in a deep draft. 

It’s a dream come true.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Get those letters out folks. Let’s make national news by swamping the post office in Bruce’s town. Took me 15

minutes and will mean so much to Bruce  and his family. 
C04BDFF3-C093-49AE-9CD3-C109D440C881.thumb.jpeg.fd6fa52f6073ffd645b263c4c8024f6a.jpeg

I'll mail one from NYC once I get home. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • There it is 1

Just read this article and got a bit sad again when I read the part I pasted  below the link

https://theathletic.com/4119167/2023/01/23/bruce-boudreau-exclusive-canucks-firing/?amp=1

One high-profile player came into Boudreau’s office and was crying uncontrollably and audibly as he hugged him in front of assistants. On Sunday, Boudreau got a slew of texts from his players, including “the most beautiful text” from sometimes-maligned J.T. Miller.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Googlie said:

She found him, but he was Swedish, then Karls son tried to woo her.  He's a keeper, she thought

Turns out he was American and lived in north  Dakota. She ended up learning how to Hog tie some cattle. She ended up with a huge cut on her leg and needed some Vasili ne to clean it up. 

She ended up moving back to Oliver, BC. She eventually got pregnant and ended up having Quinn tuplets. Ended up moving back to Vancouver and was a regular at Riley’s steakhouse. She eventually met a new guy who was bigger than Andrei the Giant.  His favourite beer was Miller lite. They got drunk together one night and she ended up in the hospital with a broken Foote. Andrei needed a King sized bed to stay with her over night. 

She eventually was released from the hospital, moved to Sweden and went All vin with a new guy named Petey. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Just read this article and got a bit sad again when I read the part I pasted  below the link

https://theathletic.com/4119167/2023/01/23/bruce-boudreau-exclusive-canucks-firing/?amp=1

One high-profile player came into Boudreau’s office and was crying uncontrollably and audibly as he hugged him in front of assistants. On Sunday, Boudreau got a slew of texts from his players, including “the most beautiful text” from sometimes-maligned J.T. Miller.

Probably Boeser, Boudreau was here when his Dads health got worse.