The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

I wonder if the package we just got could be flipped for a player like Byram? We would have to retain but Beau seems like a player that would flourish in a Colorado system with his speed and 2-way game. 

Just hypothetical as Colorado fans always balked at giving him up for Horvat. 

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

The biggest tragedy of this entire year is that Christian Wolanin is not playing for the NHL Canucks. How could he possibly be worse than every D-man that’s playing right now??

I thought he deserved a look after training camp 

• Cheers 1

On 1/30/2023 at 6:24 PM, wai_lai416 said:

Lol and a cap dump. Beauvillier is a cap dump however way u want to look at it. It’s not being unrealistic.. it’s the crap spewed out by the current management not looking to rebuild etc etc etc wanting 3 players and not draft pick etc etc everything about this prolly won’t make an impact for anyother 4-5 years. It’s pretty weak return when u have to take on Beauvillier as a cap dump at 4+ mil for his projected 30 points.. that 1st should have at least been unprotected.. 

If you think you coulda done better than apply for the position

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

45 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

If you think you coulda done better than apply for the position

lol the fact that they didn't even shop around the islander offers to give any other team a chance to do better is a big fail already.. u think the islander offer was sooooooooooo good that no team can even come close to matching it?

1 hour ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

I think Rutherford is going senile, his reasoning behind this is ubsurd..it’s like saying I traded bo Horvat  for pat white, cody hodson, and olli joulevi . “getting threes 3 firsts in return “…

it’s kinda of an exaggeration but you get what I mean …. … 

Alvin said this, not Rutherford.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Devron said:

Some people writing off Beau. Be interesting to look back at this thread in a couple months. 

I'm kind of curious to see how much of a hit horvats production takes without jt petty amd Hughes feeding him the puck in the run and gun offense.

On the other hand it will be interesting to see if Beau can step it up offensively.

• Cheers 1