The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

There's literally one person in here taking Bo's criticsm personally.   He isn't on our team anymore.  It's intriguing the obsession to support a player ad nauseam that's not on our squad anymore unless you're more of a fan of the player than the team.  

If you don't like the criticism, stay out the thread.  Bo asked for this by opening his mouth.  He knew exactly what he was saying and doing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Maybe true, but let’s not pretend Bo is a detriment either because that couldn’t be further from the truth. The vitriol against him by some here is pathetic. 

I don't think he was a detriment when he was on our squad but he didn't help his case by opening up his trap.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1A, 5 shots, 59% FO. Other players needed to show up, Bo wasn’t the problem here. See this is how your anti bias makes you look like a clown. 

He had 5 shots in the first period, meaning he was a spectator for 2/3rds of that game cause had 0 blocks and 0 hits for the entire game. Lol. 8.5mil and he doesn't hit, doesn't play defence at a high level, doesn't block, and disappears late in games. He barely has over 0.5 points a game for his team that is fighting for playoffs. If you're making 8.5mil per it's not about not being a problem, it's about being apart of the solution. 1 assist late in the game when it's over doesn't do anything for anyone. He's not just overpaid, he's overpaid by about 2mil. If not more.

• Wat 1
  • There it is 2

Just now, Metal Face Doom said:

I don't think he was a detriment when he was on our squad but he didn't help his case by opening up his trap.  

I wasn’t butt hurt by him doing so. This team has been awful for almost a decade. 

let's all just move on now guys.

i was upset at first too but bo said what he said.

he was asked about it today and said it was not meant to offend this fanbase. whether he meant or not is something only he knows.

i for one am not gonna waste my energy any more on a guy that no longer has anything to do with our team. 

and i'm certainly not going to play psychologist and try to determine whether his clarification/apology was "genuine" or not, as a lot of ppl here seem to be arguing about now.

i'm happy moving forward with EP40, Huggy and our core. 

on to a better and bright future for our team (hopefully).

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Is Bo not a good player? Cause you’re dead wrong suggesting otherwise. 

He is a good player, I am definitely not arguing that. I look at what the team needs to win. Yes he would help us with face offs and yes he was helpful on the PP, but I look at what he doesn't bring to the table, especially in the playoffs. Sorry but I don't want to see another Boston scenario, a Vegas scenario or a Felund led Flames series again, period. 

We lacked so many different aspects of our game the games actually were becoming very boring over the last few years, and thats coming from a guy who watches EVERY CANUCK game. 

Miller is going to provide that level of physicality we are going to need in the playoffs and I don't think that even you can argue that. 

Bo was never going to out produce Petey , so that makes him #3 C. Not to say he is a #3 C but he was on this team. 

Bo's definitely a good player he just was no longer a good fit in what we needed here and now moving forward.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

I don't dislike Bo after the comment, I just want the Islanders to miss the playoffs because it would be funny now

Basically this I have no bad feelins toward Bo. Just looking fwd to the chirps when they miss the playoffs. Pits is only 1 point back with a game in hand. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

....but we had enough to sign Miller now didn't we Bob. The Softy crew is being eliminated you are right on that. The good thing is that this group(Management/Coach) has won championships in the past so they know what it takes to win. 

IF WE HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO SIGN BOTH MILLER AND HORVAT WE WOULD'VE DONE IT

I honestly don't get how people can be this dense.  Christ.

We've also had cup-winning coaches/managers in the past.  Benning has cup ring.  Torts has a cup ring.  Crawford has a cup ring.  MIKE KEENAN has a cup ring.

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They have been struggling to hold leads and have played down to teams like Columbus and Chicago. Detroit slapped them around 7-4 too. 

Pittsburgh?  They're 3-0 against CLB this season, and 1-0 against Chicago.

Just now, EdgarM said:

He is a good player, I am definitely not arguing that. I look at what the team needs to win. Yes he would help us with face offs and yes he was helpful on the PP, but I look at what he doesn't bring to the table, especially in the playoffs. Sorry but I don't want to see another Boston scenario, a Vegas scenario or a Felund led Flames series again, period. 

We lacked so many different aspects of our game the games actually were becoming very boring over the last few years, and thats coming from a guy who watches EVERY CANUCK game. 

Miller is going to provide that level of physicality we are going to need in the playoffs and I don't think that even you can argue that. 

Bo was never going to out produce Petey , so that makes him #3 C. Not to say he is a #3 C but he was on this team. 

Bo's definitely a good player he just was no longer a good fit in what we needed here and now moving forward.

I can respect this take compared to the ignorant gloating you and Sam have taken too. I’d have no problem with your takes if it was more like this. 

The constant shitting on him is unnecessary and petty. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s been in twice numb nuts. Near PPG playoff performer. :lol: Christ your ignorance is pathetic. 

It was a joke, calm down. ::D Yes he was good in the bubble playoffs I am just curious to see what he can do in regular playoffs that goes deep.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1A, 5 shots, 59% FO. Other players needed to show up, Bo wasn’t the problem here. See this is how your anti bias makes you look like a clown. 

Is that what he was traded to do? Especially with Barzal out? Your just digging yourself deeper there buddy. ::D

• Haha 1