The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So we should be praising him for holding out for more money and then dissing the fan base after he leaves?

In what fan base would that happen. :lol:

Welcome to sports!

No need for praise if you don't want but hating an honest hard working player who dedicated a good portion of their hockey career to the Canucks is just beyond silly. Talk about childish. Sheesh, some people are aholes and deserve a little disdain but Bo ... I don't get it. He's about as non-controversial as it gets as far as human beings go. Are we supposed to hate him because Allvin traded him and he signed a massive dream contract that was offered to him?

Wow, just a big reach to hate on some one like that. Seems unhealthy and completely misplaced. I am pretty much mystified on this one.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So you call me out, can’t back it up, and then call me petty?

Do I have that right? :picard:

I told you I needed time to rummage through the threads. I can't blame you for being impatient though. You likely don't want me to come with evidence.

Here's a couple of fun gems so far...

On 2/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, EdgarM said:

Where's those "Management haters" who thought "Bo was the one to stay" and "Miller needs to go" crowd now? :lol:

On 2/5/2023 at 1:30 PM, Mando27 said:

Probably controversial opinion but I think Miller's contract is going to age better.

I'm really trying to find the ones where I was personally having disagreements with people but I can't even remember the thread. They are there though.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

It’s sad to see fans stick up for a player, who stopped sticking up for his teammates, sold out, then put them down on national television. 

I guess if you have his jersey, you have 250 reasons to defend him. Probably best just to re-letter it.

yes it's embarrassing seeing Canuck 'fans' on twitter defending Bo and trashing the fans/team that they cheer for just to defend him. it's bizarre. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Thing is, it kind of came out of nowhere and blindsided us.

Most players show nothing but gratitude and love for their former teams. It's really disappointing that he didn't just show love and appreciation for his new fans/home without throwing us under the bus. Just not how it's generally done.

Sure, he was asked a question but he really flubbed the answer. 

Bo has been the spokes person for the team for several years. He knows exactly, what reaction this would get, amongst this fan base... 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You don't have to.  If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd have found that the person who wrote the article did the legwork for you in confirming the massive amounts of negative/hateful social media posts & comments directed at him after that hit.

Unless you choose not to believe the person who wrote the article.  In which case, those comments & posts were (are still?) part of the public record.

Except what you fail to realize is that this is not unique to Vancouver or even hockey. 

You don’t actually think this doesn’t happen in other markets and even other sports do you? Cause it most certainly does.

This weak attempt to tarnish Canucks fans show how much some fans need to learn about other markets. :lol:

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Most players show nothing but gratitude for their former teams? What makes you think that? Just because they say the right things in the media? Do you show gratitude to your last company you worked for? 

Sure why not? If it was a good employer, why wouldn't you... 

You know a lot of folks slagging off previous employers come off as petty... 

PS. The comment was aimed at the fans in Vancouver. Go back and listen again.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

@DeNiro

You know what? I've shown proof I'm rummaging around. It's a large forum obviously with a ton of threads which makes it hard to look through history.

Not only that, no matter what I come up with, it's pretty clear you're just going to pretend things aren't true anyway; therefore, it's not worth my time. I'll be the bigger man and not continue this discussion. Know that I 100% stand by what I've said though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

How much more I appreciate this man...

Trevor Linden Stats and News | NHL.com

This is a heart and soul Captain.

The number #53 will remain very available for future Canucks.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Why would Horvat play down to 3C if he stayed?  Miller would still be on the wing and Horvat probably would've kept scoring.  And people would be calling for Allvin to get fired for letting Horvat walk free.

Don't even mention Vancouver.  No need to compare things in front of your newish fans.  Just say thank you for the support and keep up the great energy.   He can even say they're the best he's ever had.  If you're gonna have a dig, at least make it subtle...

Buuuuuuuttttt ,  he didn’t , shows his hockey IQ.

glad he’s gone ,  sub par Captain.

overpaid 2C.

• RoughGame 1

In fairness, the conversation was spread all over the speculations and trades threads as well (such as the Miller thread, possibly the Schenn trade thread, maybe even a few of the other trade threads, like the ROR thread).  It was like velveeta.  :lol:

Absolutely. It is there though, just in bits and pieces here and there. I'm pretty sure DeNiro's just pretending it isn't there. lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Lock said:

@DeNiro

You know what? I've shown proof I'm rummaging around. It's a large forum obviously with a ton of threads which makes it hard to look through history.

Not only that, no matter what I come up with, it's pretty clear you're just going to pretend things aren't true anyway; therefore, it's not worth my time. I'll be the bigger man and not continue this discussion. Know that I 100% stand by what I've said though.

You actually haven’t. You quoted two people that didn’t even prove your point. :picard:

You also claimed there were examples of me being a hypocrite in this very thread. But now apparently it’s “not worth your time”. :lol:

Next time of you’re gonna call someone out be prepared to back it up. Otherwise you’re not the “bigger man” ;)

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

10 hours ago, spook007 said:

And what did Isle fans calling sleeping beauty, when he went to Toronto... All fans complain and moan if it doesn't work for their team. Its called being passionate...

Vancouver fans are passionate, but I never heard negative chant about Bo at Rogers.

As for what fans write, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't read the sports pages or fans forums... 

lol tavares left isles via free agency and left the team hanging with no compensation. horvat was dumped out of vancouver and actually gotten compensation back.. and yes he was dumped out because the management probably never had any intention of bringing horvat back to begin with thru the summer.. and then saw how he was doing in the first half of the season then thought ok maybe we should bring him back if we offer him what we shoulda offered in the summer. completely different scenario. of coz there's no negative chant about bo at the rogers arena itself. the people that go to the games are corporate suits that don't even care enough about the game.. i'm a season ticket holder.. and i can say our fans are relatively subdue and quiet compared to other teams.. and it has been like that for years... i don't recall a player that wanted to sign with the team and was traded and the fan base at least the ones on the forum continually wish him crash and burn or calling him trash non stop since the trade. literally everyday since the trade you'll find a post about him either sucking, useless, trash, greedy, overrated, soft, worse captain in the history etc etc.

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

You asked for a source of examples of death threats, someone provided that to you.  Instead of taking your lumps, you're now doubling down by moving the goal posts.  Good job. 

Nancy Pelosi: State of the Union clapping at Trump 'wasn't sarcastic'

Still waiting for those examples…Nothing you provided proves anything about this fan base. :lol: 

If your goal was to prove that internet trolls exist you succeeded. But I already knew that.

Not sure what “lumps” you gave me tough guy. Felt more like mosquito bites…

• Like 1