The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Didnt realize it takes 1 guy to win the regular season on his own to guarantee playoffs. 

Yep, pure ignorance there. One player dragging a rebuilding team into the playoffs, McDavid couldn’t even do that with Draisaitl 3 out of 4 seasons to start. 

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You are on Earth ?.. right ??

628D7E44-FAA0-4915-B1FD-B43DF5B999F7.thumb.jpeg.a33e59ac8ec78807736967de03820bc1.jpeg

Buddy are you???? Lmao calling out Horvats playoff performances and then calling him out for only making playoffs twice in nine years as if its all his fault. You must be on the planet Uranus because you are sure are talking out your anus.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Pretty good bet that the Islanders miss the playoffs after tonight's performance. Horvat may be able to go golfing early this year again.

Maybe we will soon hear how the golf courses on Long Island is better than the ones in Vancouver as well :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Against CLB:

6-3

4-1

5-4

Against Chicago: 5-3

Other than 1 game, I'd say those are pretty easy outs.

If it was a lovk for them the wouldn't need 2 wins in the final 2 games to make the playoffs if the Isles beat Montreal. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Yep, pure ignorance there. One player dragging a rebuilding team into the playoffs, McDavid couldn’t even do that with Draisaitl 3 out of 4 seasons to start. 

These are the fans that warrant Horvats comments.

I was about to mention McDavid, glad you did. Like how bloody unrealistic can someone be??? If McDavid cant even make playoffs 100% of the time, how the hell could anyone have ANY expectations of any other player on planet Earth accomplish such a task on their own with no support

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Is that what he was traded to do? Especially with Barzal out? Your just digging yourself deeper there buddy. ::D

It's always someone else's fault. Hit this guy with the facts and just Loui reacted. Bo is a glorified passenger making 8.5mil. Guy in a must win, playoff style game had all his shots in 1 period and finished the game without a single hit or block. Was pretty much invisible, there are times I forgot he was even playing. But nope, other player's gotta do more. The guy with 16 points in 29 games, that signed an 8.5mil per year contract extension, that doesn't hit and turns the puck over more than takes it away needs help. He's not at all the problem.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

Maybe we will soon hear how the golf courses on Long Island is better than the ones in Vancouver as well :P

Digging my ball out of the swamp is better than digging it out of the ponds in Vancouver.  I'll tell you that for free!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

If I were a betting man, I think Florida is more likely to be the odd man out considering they have Carolina in game 82 vs NYI playing Montreal.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

If it was a lovk for them the wouldn't need 2 wins in the final 2 games to make the playoffs if the Isles beat Montreal. 

Nothing is a lock in this league, but the odds are pretty much in PIT favour when they are 4-0 against their last 2 opponents while averaging 5 goals per game.  

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

No disrespect to Horvat as it is a team game and the Islanders needed to show up tonight and failed to do so.

Brock Nelson and llya Sorokin have been carrying the NYI for weeks.  At some point, their $8.5 million sighing has to deliver and score some important goals to lead his team to victory.  Empty net goals and goals in the 3rd period when the game has already been won don't count.  That's what we expect from Petey and Miller.  Imagine if we were in a playoff chase and we lost 5-2 to Washington and Petey and Miller did nothing?  What would the fans response be?  It's a team game, or our stars choked?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

It's always someone else's fault. Hit this guy with the facts and just Loui reacted. Bo is a glorified passenger making 8.5mil. Guy in a must win, playoff style game had all his shots in 1 period and finished the game without a single hit or block. Was pretty much invisible, there are times I forgot he was even playing. But nope, other player's gotta do more. The guy with 16 points in 29 games, that signed an 8.5mil per year contract extension, that doesn't hit and turns the puck over more than takes it away needs help. He's not at all the problem.

This is also a completely new atmosphere for Horvat. New linemates, building chemistry, learning systems, different utilization, learning teammates tendencies, as well as getting used to understanding East coast teams style of play etc.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He did need to do more, but so did 17 other players tonight too? Why is that so hard to grasp? 

• Wat 1
  • There it is 1