The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. and he still gets a point a game !

that’s pretty good.

Meanwhile Horvat says he likes the culture in NY,.  The one he couldn’t establish from his position of Captain here.

Not even talking about Bo remotely and you still can’t help but bring him up for no reason. What does Bo and the culture of the Islanders have to do with the flaws in JT’s game and shit attitude? 

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Why not?  Did you see something you didn't like?

Do you see something you do not like now too?

He is a very good hockey player. Some people are just having a real hard time adjusting to a new culture and feel homesick and alienated. Nothing wrong with this, by the way. We all different.

I suspect that if not for that horrible war, Nik would play all of his career back in Russia. Again, nothing wrong with this.

But does our team need this type of motivation?

Edited by copperlynx

4 hours ago, copperlynx said:

He is a very good hockey player. Some people are just having a real hard time adjusting to a new culture and feel homesick and alienated. Nothing wrong with this, by the way. We all different.

I suspect that if not for that horrible war, Nik would play all of his career back in Russia. Again, nothing wrong with this.

But does our team need this type of motivation?

Darned if I know; "not a doctor".

But, we could definitely use a very large physical defenseman who skates well and can play either side.

And, we wouldn't have to give up valuable assets like picks and prospects, for example.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Definitely ready to see this again from our D.  His speed and toughness opens a lot of space for OEL or Hughes to thrive.

Wingspan ,  long stick covers covers a big radius , fast ..  two steps coves 20 feet,  he was even making guys flinch by fake stepping them ..   imposing.  Playoffs should be starting soon in KHL .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Possibly next season

Hughes - Tryamkin

OEL - Bear

Jurmo - Schenn

That would be fun to watch next season and make as tough as hell on the back end.

Jurmo? That seems pretty optimistic and I think he's a great prospect 

I'd like to see him make his way to Abbotsford as they've got a good thing going over there by the looks of it, would be very surprised to see him getting regular NHL icetime 

Probably more Dermott or Stillman considering they traded for them both and Stillman's having another year on his deal 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:05 AM, Coconuts said:

Jurmo? That seems pretty optimistic and I think he's a great prospect 

I'd like to see him make his way to Abbotsford as they've got a good thing going over there by the looks of it, would be very surprised to see him getting regular NHL icetime 

Probably more Dermott or Stillman considering they traded for them both and Stillman's having another year on his deal 

Agreed that I am being optimistic about Jurmo.  I just dread another year of Stillman.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Agreed that I am being optimistic about Jurmo.  I just dread another year of Stillman.

Believe it or not I think Stillman's actually improved on his game since arriving but I hear you 

At least most of our D are currently on short-term deals 

He's been playing LD lately, from game highlights. Automobilist was top of the division at the beginning of the year. But have gone 4-16 the last 20 games. They actually may struggle to make the playoffs. After their goaltender Kovar got injured, they never really recovered. Building around a 44 year old Datsyuk hasn't help either. And the way the ruble has fallen has to be tough on the players financially. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Believe it or not I think Stillman's actually improved on his game since arriving but I hear you 

At least most of our D are currently on short-term deals 

Again I agree with you that he's been improving but we need to get out of the habit of collecting 6/7 dmen and hopefully get someone young with potential in that spot who can be mentored by Schenn.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's been playing LD lately, from game highlights. Automobilist was top of the division at the beginning of the year. But have gone 4-16 the last 20 games. They actually may struggle to make the playoffs. After their goaltender Kovar got injured, they never really recovered. Building around a 44 year old Datsyuk hasn't help either. And the way the ruble has fallen has to be tough on the players financially. 

I see the last game of regular season in the KHL is Feb 26.

Hope he is able to get the F out RuZ as soon as possible,  without any political issues regardless of where he goes for hockey.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I see the last game of regular season in the KHL is Feb 26.

Hope he is able to get the F out RuZ as soon as possible,  without any political issues regardless of where he goes for hockey.

I don't want Big Nik with any other team.

"That's a big body over there ladies and gentlemen, and he's truculent now too." - fake Burkey.

Make Tryamkin an offer he can refuse but cannot resist.

"He's just what you want.  He's got good girth" etc.  BC Lion coach slips my mind for the moment..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1