The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

To quibble, Tryamkin was not a fighter per se, but he won the fights he deigned to enjoin.

And, he was a beast of an 'enjoiner' on the boards; all the old tough guys hated him for his heavy, but clean play.

Tryamkin didn't even take his gloves off half of the time he did tussle. I definitely think he played a heavy game, but I'm just not really following when the other poster said Tryamkin still was leading the Canucks in fights. 

• Cheers 1

Honestly he would be great to have as a 6th Defenseman. Regardless of if he plays big, he has great stick work and is very effective shutting down the rush and in the corners.. But I think there's just too much history between the Canucks and Tree for him to land back here, even with our Russian additions.

If he wanted to come back to Van, his agent would have already negotiated a deal. The fact that his agent is going public means he wants a bidding war and Tree will go wherever he wants while getting paid. 

Just hope he doesn't land anywhere in the Pacific division. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Honestly he would be great to have as a 6th Defenseman. Regardless of if he plays big, he has great stick work and is very effective shutting down the rush and in the corners.. But I think there's just too much history between the Canucks and Tree for him to land back here, even with our Russian additions.

If he wanted to come back to Van, his agent would have already negotiated a deal. The fact that his agent is going public means he wants a bidding war and Tree will go wherever he wants while getting paid. 

Agree; but still room right here for the big lug.

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Agree; but still room right here for the big lug.

Exactly, If he wanted to come back, I'd happily drive Stillman, poolman, Dermott, Myers or even OEL to the airport to make room!

I know he is not an elite talent, but he does posses skills which are useful for an NHL team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

That’s the agent NOT looking out for this player..  and I don’t think he did in the past..

he could have explained/ expressed the need for NT to be supported in Vancouver before.

Just had the feeling Diamond was in for the quick  haul, rather than the length of career for Tryamkin.

I just get the opposite impression from Milstein.

So happy to see Gonchar behind the bench and 2 or 3 other comrades on the bench..

hopefully Nik returns.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

That's what I thinking too, but the comment didn't make sense if that's what was being said. They said Tryamkin had more fights then any Canuck since he left baring Schenn. But Tryamkin only had 2 fights in the NHL, and from what I can tell 2 since he left in the KHL (I could totally be wrong I haven't watched a KHL game since Podkolzin came west and advanced stats are hard to find in regards to broohahas)

Both Joshua and Burroughs have had 4 this season alone. Heck, Pearson had 3 rights in 2022. Tryamkin was big, but he certainly wasn't a fighter.

I don't know where all the Tryamkin highlights disappeared to, there used to be compilation highlights of all his games here an now there are hardly any. I am sure they are still on the older posts but it almost as hard to find as the Goldwater papers to do with Arizona bankruptcy where Bettman testifies about the NHL.

This is really strange that they are gone or hidden somehow. There were his "hits" where he broke Richardson leg, flattened Benn two or three times, held McDavid at bay, clearing the front of the net of ALL players, stepped in to end a few face washings, there was hours of those and now they are gone. Maybe I will try a different search engine.

Most of his fights were not super impressive, but he just rag dolled the opponent(s) a little like Byfuglien, nobody wanted to dance with him and when he hit, well there were no board battles, just the other guy getting up

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I don't know where all the Tryamkin highlights disappeared to, there used to be compilation highlights of all his games here an now there are hardly any. I am sure they are still on the older posts but it almost as hard to find as the Goldwater papers to do with Arizona bankruptcy where Bettman testifies about the NHL.

This is really strange that they are gone or hidden somehow. There were his "hits" where he broke Richardson leg, flattened Benn two or three times, held McDavid at bay, clearing the front of the net of ALL players, stepped in to end a few face washings, there was hours of those and now they are gone. Maybe I will try a different search engine.

Most of his fights were not super impressive, but he just rag dolled the opponent(s) a little like Byfuglien, nobody wanted to dance with him and when he hit, well there were no board battles, just the other guy getting up

Spy Balloon erased them ? :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I don't really care about Tryamkin, so I haven't watched the videos you speak of. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page about the fight thing. You know, with your name and all ;)

• Upvote 1

Tryamkin can fight, but it doesn't seem to be his focus and that's not even what is needed in the game.  Him being a deterrent for forwards coming into the zone is the need and he can do that better than almost anyone.  He's 6'8 and built more like Schenn than Myers, but unlike Schenn can skate really well.  If we were to create a player that we need on RD (He is a lefty but plays some RD), he is the exact player we need.  I really hope that he comes on back to Van because we need him and the timing for him to get minutes is here.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 4

As of today John Carlson is the only D the Caps have signed for next season, gotta think they're a potential landing spot for Tryamkin. Could change soon, or see more guys shipped out. Could be plenty of opportunity to be had.

Caps still have Russian legend Ovechkin upfront alongside Kuznetsov. Pending RFA Alexeyev will likely be signed as well. Just because the Russian bit could be a factor.