The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

28 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Would Tryamkin be a Tocchet-type player or what??!

No. He had no foot speed then and has less Foote speed now. 

The Canucks don’t need/want TreeBeard. (That’s what some of us vets used to call him) 

Old and slow. 

Just stop this nonsense about Tryamkin coming to the Canucks. He wasn’t good then and is gonna be worse now. 

Just stop. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I have no interest in seeing projects coming on to this team on the D end.  If there's any future for this club, it will rely on us landing (through draft or otherwise) bonafide top 4 D players. While this team currently sucks, we can make do with low-cost D players that come and go but we need cap space (and roster space) for high-end D.  If we don't have them, we need to suck for longer.  I want a cup, not a playoff team.  We're stuck with OEL, but we can deal Myers this summer.  I believe JR and PA are now FINALLY starting to implement this strategy as they unload some players.

So.....a big NO to the Tree.  Best of luck to him but his time to shine for the Canucks was a number of years ago and they're now both on different journeys.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was pretty fast in 2014 too.  

:lol:

Come on man…love you for doing that. 

You said "he had no foot speed then". Simply untrue.

You also said he's now "old and slow". The guy is only 28 years old. How much have you watched him lately to judge his foot speed? Nah didn't think so...

23 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

You said "he had no foot speed then". Simply untrue.

You also said he's now "old and slow". The guy is only 28 years old. How much have you watched him lately to judge his foot speed? Nah didn't think so...

Lol 

Did you honestly believe that Tryamkin was fleet of foot? Then or now? 

Why didn’t he make the NHL, as a regular? 

Tryamkin is too slow for the NHL. Full stop. 

Anyone that wants him on the team is living in a fantasy world. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

53 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

Did you honestly believe that Tryamkin was fleet of foot? Then or now? 

Why didn’t he make the NHL, as a regular? 

Tryamkin is too slow for the NHL. Full stop. 

Anyone that wants him on the team is living in a fantasy world. 

You can't have watched him play in Vancouver, because he was always fast and agile. That was actually his strength. A lot more than his fighting ability, which is more legend than reality. He also hit guys really f*cking hard and made quite a lot of hits.

Why didn't he become a regular NHL player? Well, because he decided to move back to Russia. It certainly wasn't because the team didn't offer him a contract. And certainly not because he was too slow for the NHL.

I think it's unlikely Tryamkin comes back to VAN. I think the management team here was not honourable and I think they did a really bad job at communicating with him which left a sour taste in his mouth, and if he chooses to return to the NHL it will probably be with another team. However, it wouldn't be "living in a fantasy world"...should he wish to return to VAN, I think the current management would be interested in seeing what he can bring and we have some open spots next season. When I look at how well JR and PA have done bringing someone like Kuz to North America and the growing group of Russians on the team and coaching staff, I think they could make it work.

The bigger question is - has NT missed too much time in the NHL to come back and be effective? The only way for anyone to know is for him to try. I mean Kuz is 27 years old and never played an NHL game in his life before this season. Playing for many years in the KHL has not been a bad thing for him and the transition was seamless. Dmen are different, but they also hit their prime later, so it would be interesting to see if a 28 year old Tryamkin resume an NHL career successfully now.

I'd say the ball is in his court.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

You can't have watched him play in Vancouver, because he was always fast and agile. That was actually his strength. A lot more than his fighting ability, which is more legend than reality. He also hit guys really f*cking hard and made quite a lot of hits.

Why didn't he become a regular NHL player? Well, because he decided to move back to Russia. It certainly wasn't because the team didn't offer him a contract. And certainly not because he was too slow for the NHL.

I think it's unlikely Tryamkin comes back to VAN. I think the management team here was not honourable and I think they did a really bad job at communicating with him which left a sour taste in his mouth, and if he chooses to return to the NHL it will probably be with another team. However, it wouldn't be "living in a fantasy world"...should he wish to return to VAN, I think the current management would be interested in seeing what he can bring and we have some open spots next season. When I look at how well JR and PA have done bringing someone like Kuz to North America and the growing group of Russians on the team and coaching staff, I think they could make it work.

The bigger question is - has NT missed too much time in the NHL to come back and be effective? The only way for anyone to know is for him to try. I mean Kuz is 27 years old and never played an NHL game in his life before this season. Playing for many years in the KHL has not been a bad thing for him and the transition was seamless. Dmen are different, but they also hit their prime later, so it would be interesting to see if a 28 year old Tryamkin resume an NHL career successfully now.

I'd say the ball is in his court.

I watched him. From his years in the KHL and then his 2 years with the Canucks. 

He was a shit ‘defender’. He was also a shit offensive producer. 

Fair enough, I didn’t expect him to be an offensive producer, but he was terrible defensively. 

Tell me I’m wrong. Please. Please tell me I’m wrong about Tryamkin’s shit defensive aptitude. 

Tryamkin was shit when he came over to the Canucks. He was a negative player. He’d be even worse now, almost a decade later. 

He’s old now and slower than before and can’t keep up with the modern NHL game. Anyone that tells you differently, is an abject idiot. 

I hope another team signs him. He doesn’t have the heart/will/skill/speed  to be in the NHL anymore. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2
  • There it is 1