The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I watched him. From his years in the KHL and then his 2 years with the Canucks. 

He was a shit ‘defender’. He was also a shit offensive producer. 

Fair enough, I didn’t expect him to be an offensive producer, but he was terrible defensively. 

Tell me I’m wrong. Please. Please tell me I’m wrong about Tryamkin’s shit defensive aptitude. 

Tryamkin was shit when he came over to the Canucks. He was a negative player. He’d be even worse now, almost a decade later. 

He’s old now and slower than before and can’t keep up with the modern NHL game. Anyone that tells you differently, is an abject idiot. 

I hope another team signs him. He doesn’t have the heart/will/skill/speed  to be in the NHL anymore. 

So you judged his defensive abilities and made a conclusion based on what a 22 year old defenseman was doing on a poor team?  Meanwhile Elite Prospects had this to say:

A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside.

The only real downside to Tryamkin's game was and is that he isn't going to contribute offensively.  He left on his own accord because Willie D didn't communicate well with him, he was even quoted as saying ”Getting decent playing time. But not for 12 minutes in the game to come out. This I do not want... During the season, I was not happy with some of the matches … Sometimes I just do not understand — why?”

There was obviously going to be communication issues but WD as we all know just isn't a good coach.  If there was ever a time to try to get a guy who can be a terrific #5/6 defenseman it would be now with Gonchar in place his ability to properly communicate with Tryamkin could potentially see him grow into a 3/4 guy.  I personally think it's ignorant to write him off based on an assessment you made 7 years ago when he was a foreign kid trying to learn the game but to each their own.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

Did you honestly believe that Tryamkin was fleet of foot? Then or now? 

Why didn’t he make the NHL, as a regular? 

Tryamkin is too slow for the NHL. Full stop. 

Anyone that wants him on the team is living in a fantasy world. 

His skating was a positive especially for his size.  Our coaching at the time was a cluster (Willie) which is why the development within the team didn't go well.  Even his EP review says the same about his skating:

"A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside. [EP]"

I think your full stop needs to start back up again.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No. Because RikTok wouldn't tolerate a guy coming into camp out of shape and refusing to play in the minors.

No doubt, he'd last about 20 seconds with RT. I can only imagine how more out of shape he is now. No chance this guy has what it takes to play in the best league in the world after wasting how ever many years toiling away in the K.

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

People are hilarious. He was brutal when he played here. Had a prime chance and bolted like mangy mutt with his tail between his legs. He can only be worse now. He would never be able to keep up, and he's lost all his developing years.

7 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Just so you are aware, Tryamkin had a European assignment clause in his contract with the Canucks. This was agreed by NT and JB, and it means that if the Canucks wanted to send NT to the minors to ride the bus and earn $70k in salary, then he had the option of playing in Europe instead. You can hardly blame Tryamkin for refusing to go the minors when he had agreed a contract with JB to specifically avoid playing in the minors. The blame falls on JB for putting the Euro clause into the contract. It is akin to saying that a player is a bad person for not waiving a NMC in their contract. If you don't want to honour the contract, don't put stupid clauses in it!

He's also not supposed to show up like a lazy, non-committed, fat, waste of skin either ... but hey who cares let's dress a tall freak sideshow just for kicks. Look how great that's working for us right now. No you can definitely blame Tryamkin for not putting in the work or effort required, being completely undedicated to his craft, and not going to the minors in order to correct that. 

Massive pass on this tool.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

For his size, he has incredible speed and mobility and he was an NHL Regular. He had some holes in his game and I really don't think his wife was happy here.

Would love to see him back, but we're pretty full on the left side. I think we would have to move OEL out (somehow) to make space for him.

Here's his prospect profile for your reference:

From Dobber, but other scouts, you know, the guys who get paid to analyze players strengths and weaknesses, all had the same appraisal:

A massive presence on the back end who skates like the wind and possesses a booming shot. Given the right opportunity could become a multi-category stud.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I watched him. From his years in the KHL and then his 2 years with the Canucks. 

He was a shit ‘defender’. He was also a shit offensive producer. 

Fair enough, I didn’t expect him to be an offensive producer, but he was terrible defensively. 

Tell me I’m wrong. Please. Please tell me I’m wrong about Tryamkin’s shit defensive aptitude. 

Tryamkin was shit when he came over to the Canucks. He was a negative player. He’d be even worse now, almost a decade later. 

He’s old now and slower than before and can’t keep up with the modern NHL game. Anyone that tells you differently, is an abject idiot. 

I hope another team signs him. He doesn’t have the heart/will/skill/speed  to be in the NHL anymore. 

This is all emotional conjecture, so I won't bother to respond 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

No doubt, he'd last about 20 seconds with RT. I can only imagine how more out of shape he is now. No chance this guy has what it takes to play in the best league in the world after wasting how ever many years toiling away in the K.

People are hilarious. He was brutal when he played here. Had a prime chance and bolted like mangy mutt with his tail between his legs. He can only be worse now. He would never be able to keep up, and he's lost all his developing years.

He's also not supposed to show up like a lazy, non-committed, fat, waste of skin either ... but hey who cares let's dress a tall freak sideshow just for kicks. Look how great that's working for us right now. No you can definitely blame Tryamkin for not putting in the work or effort required, being completely undedicated to his craft, and not going to the minors in order to correct that. 

Massive pass on this tool.

Yes I know "you can only imagine"...that is what happens when you have a strong pre-formed opinion about something, with no real evidence to back it up.

"He can only be worse now" and "he's lost all his developing years"...as if playing over 500 games in the KHL means you can't develop and get better as a player - ask Kuzmenko about that...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

I've watched him play. His foot speed is good, and his time with the Sedin's paid off as his fitness and foot speed have improved to pro levels. 

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes I know "you can only imagine"...that is what happens when you have a strong pre-formed opinion about something, with no real evidence to back it up.

"He can only be worse now" and "he's lost all his developing years"...as if playing over 500 games in the KHL means you can't develop and get better as a player - ask Kuzmenko about that...

He was going to resign with us 2 years ago. But the covid stoppage forced him to take this last KHL contract. 

Our season was delayed beyond the KHL start date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol 

He wasn't the fastest guy, but his skating was absolutely not a weakness. Especially for his size. Much like Myers he was a very good skater for his size. He didn't leave cause he wasn't an NHLer. He left for family reasons. He could easily be a regular for us, hell he wanted to come back before but cap constraints due to covid prevented it. I'd even argue if he stayed and we got to develop him properly we may never have made the move for OEL. Cause he had top 4 upside.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I've watched him play. His foot speed is good, and his time with the Sedin's paid off as his fitness and foot speed have improved to pro levels. 

Treebeard ain’t coming here. And I hope to Allah he doesn’t. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

He wasn't the fastest guy, but his skating was absolutely not a weakness. Especially for his size. Much like Myers he was a very good skater for his size. He didn't leave cause he wasn't an NHLer. He left for family reasons. He could easily be a regular for us, hell he wanted to come back before but cap constraints due to covid prevented it. I'd even argue if he stayed and we got to develop him properly we may never have made the move for OEL. Cause he had top 4 upside.

Lol. Fine, for his size he was the Flash. :P

42 minutes ago, UFCanuck said:

He's playing on a team with sergei shirokov. Shirokov never got a fair shake in his NHL attempt. 

Tree is using the NHL as KHL leverage, he's not coming here(His wife hated it here)

Can imagine they have discussed this once or twice.

His wife had to go back home to finish her degree. Not about hate. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2