The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Feb. 06, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Petterssons effort is never a question, but it looked like he had a little extra tonight. Maybe all the captain talk has got to him (in a good way).

Really determined effort from Petey. And nice to see Podz play so well too.

Even though it's a bunch of fluff with a little hockey mixed in, I feel like the all star game really gave him a confidence boost. He shines on our team and we know what he's all about but that was him standing alone/out for everyone to see. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

the bottom feeders are getting some big wins/points, but it's pointless if we keep on winning our games. <_<

We won’t.

We gave up 3 goals in 50 seconds or whatever. Most teams will finish us off if we do that.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • There it is 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That game proved that Isles fans were undervaluing Beauvillier.

Classic change of scenery player. He’ll only get better with more practices and chemistry with his linemates.

I’m 50/50 on that. Beau is a good piece for depth but I wouldn’t expect anything more than 3rd line stats from him. I definitely hope for more but regardless very likely the most underrated aspect of the trade. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

How would Beauvillier know what the room was like with Horvat after one game to take a shot at Bo? Absolutely dumb. 

Probably has to do with how they came back too many time and this is his first experience of the character of never giving up, something that the Islanders couldn't do too often. Nothing to with Horvat.  It is like a day and night of how they treated when it comes to coming back.

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Probably has to do with how they came back too many time and this is his first experience of the character of never giving up, something that the Islanders couldn't do too often. Nothing to with Horvat.  It is like a day and night of how they treated when it comes to coming back.

Yes but Alf was saying it was a shot at Horvat, which is beyond dumb. 

1 minute ago, Bure2Win said:

Sure would be a nice treat to have at least some mildly good defensemen on this team before i die?.....Sigh :picard:

Should put Hughes on PP2 and OEL on PP1 and actually use one of OEL’s prime strengths (getting shots on the net) for a change. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Should put Hughes on PP2 and OEL on PP1 and actually use one of OEL’s prime strengths (getting shots on the net) for a change. 

I’d run both of them. Put Hughes in Millers spot. Miller in the bumper.

• Cheers 1