The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

8 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I want to see a well earned win tonight.

3 for 3 on the kill.

2 for 3 on the PP.

No points for Bo.

Miller and EP light it up.

Fourth line continues to rumble and chip in on the scoresheet.

I'm not down with a loss against this team. Stall the tank for one night. These guys have won 4 straight and look to be heating up. We need to extinguish that tonight. If the Isles go on a tear it will have a huge negative effect on the trade return. Isles schedule is pretty soft for a bit before it ramps up again. They are currently tied for last wildcard spot. Many good reasons to root for a win tonight. 

I'm pumped to be cheering for a victory again. Go 'Nucks Go!!!

You know what, I'm in! 

Team tank is pausing for one game. It's actually a win/win today as long as there's no three point night. 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

You know what, I'm in! 

Team tank is pausing for one game. It's actually a win/win today as long as there's no three point night. 

Absolutely. We have lots and lots of losing coming up. As long as we don't rush Demko back, we're good. When was the last time we as fans got up for a game?

It's been a while. This isn't even a spiteful reasoning against Bo. I'm more interested in keeping these guys out of the playoffs but also sticking it to their fans. If NY wins tonight, we look bad.

Can't let that happen!

Let's f**king go boys!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Did I misunderstand your point? Or was there something I missed. 

I just don’t think you’re being pragmatic. 
like you say, your looking to blame, so rather than account for alllll the variables that go into the poor performance of this club, you are “pinning it all” on Horvat. 
Sounds like a jilted ex, haha

First thought when I heard of the Bo deal, were future JTM stat-comparisons. As it's all played out, you gotta' know they're gonna be inevitable.

It'll be interesting after 3 or 4 seasons, to line up the numbers from these two. Almost feels as if they were traded for each other.

GCG..but tank keep rollin'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

I want to see a well earned win tonight.

3 for 3 on the kill.

2 for 3 on the PP.

No points for Bo.

Miller and EP light it up.

Fourth line continues to rumble and chip in on the scoresheet.

I'm not down with a loss against this team. Stall the tank for one night. These guys have won 4 straight and look to be heating up. We need to extinguish that tonight. If the Isles go on a tear it will have a huge negative effect on the trade return. Isles schedule is pretty soft for a bit before it ramps up again. They are currently tied for last wildcard spot. Many good reasons to root for a win tonight. 

I'm pumped to be cheering for a victory again. Go 'Nucks Go!!!

Yeah!  And Our Beau with a couple beauties!

Give that NYI 1st round pick a kick in the nads so they stumble to the mushy middle.

Coach needs some positive reinforcement too; even though he said he isn't interested in wins right now etc.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

Absolutely. We have lots and lots of losing coming up. As long as we don't rush Demko back, we're good. When was the last time we as fans got up for a game?

It's been a while. This isn't even a spiteful reasoning against Bo. I'm more interested in keeping these guys out of the playoffs but also sticking it to their fans. If NY wins tonight, we look bad.

Can't let that happen!

Let's f**king go boys!!!

FNRIGHT!

BIG WIN TONIGHT!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

The guy does all the heavy lifting for this team and deserves a break. Burroughs can fill in and get some ice time

Thing is it’s probably on Schenn whether he wants to sit or not. I believe Tocchet would respect a fellow warrior and defer option to the player 

• Upvote 1