The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

Even though there is an elephant in the room, I hope I don’t have to listen to “ Horvat , the former Canuck captain makes a pass” etc etc all night.  I have faith in John & John.

At least is won't be "18-year-old Bo Horvat").

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m hoping someone like Miller checks Horvat hard in an open ice hit… just to remind him that 6’0”+, 200 lbs+ leaders on teams are expected to do that once in awhile.

I wanna see a Horvat,.<> Miller fight

Nice knowing you BOi , its my team now, I was only pretending to be budz

15 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Horvat didn't fight guys he disliked. He's not going to fight his former teammates. Bo didn't demand a trade either, leave him alone and all the best i say. 

I remember him acquitting himself quite nicely against Darnell Nurse.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

I don't understand any negativity toward Bo. Not only is it good for the Canucks to lose tonight, but Bo is a great guy.  I wish him the best for this year and for his career (except when the Isles play the Canucks in the Cup final).

I don't wish any harm to Bo, but why are people acting like they know him personally? You don't know Bo, or what kind of person he is. 

I think people are more indifferent towards him than negative. He's a career 55-60 point player who's having a hot year. Nice to see guys get paid, but I'm glad we're not paying him. 

Bo was at the helm for a handful of the worst seasons in Canucks history. His captaincy has been plagued by teams who don't show up, and constant rumblings of split locker rooms with a country club vibe. I don't know what he's ever done to deserve this unquestionable loyalty some people on this forum have for him. 

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

I don't understand any negativity toward Bo. Not only is it good for the Canucks to lose tonight, but Bo is a great guy.  I wish him the best for this year and for his career (except when the Isles play the Canucks in the Cup final).

Goes beyond tonight's game. Yes, Bo have a great game and rack up a win against the Canucks. For the rest of the season tread water and make sure the NYI get as low as #13. After that go for it and win a CUP next year.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Here's hoping for another hard fought squeaker with goals from Kuze, Miller, Beau and Brock.

Bo scores a goal at the beginning of 1st and an assist on the winning goal, just minutes before

the end of the 3rd.

NYI win 5-4

Sharks beat panthers tonight in OT:towel:

Edited by higgyfan
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

It’s immaturity and a lack of appreciation for character and heart.
Some ppl just want to be angry and project resentment. it has nothing to do with Horvat. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1