The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Burroughs sure seems like a player Tocchet would like. 

That trifecta of knowledge could convert him into our own version of Marino with less offensive upside but much stronger defensively. I honestly don’t think it’s a reach to say that…or maybe I’m just being a homer.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, we are only 4 points out of being tied for 3rd worst in the league.  That's impressive given the quality of competition we have.  Keeping Demko out as long as possible and playing Kuzmenko 12 minutes a night might allow us to even catch Chicago and Columbus...

If we can get a top three pick this draft, we get a great prospect. If we pick four or five we could take Michkov? 

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

That trifecta of knowledge could convert him into our own version of Marino with less offensive upside but much stronger defensively. I honestly don’t think it’s a reach to say that…or maybe I’m just being a homer.

Burroughs isn't afraid to drop 'em either. 

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I totally agree.  Burroughs plays hard, and he’s hard to play against. I think he fights tonight too.  Tocchet will play him more and more. And Myers less and less. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Very curious to see what Tocchet/Foote can get out of Burroughs and if they feel he should have a stronger role going in to next season.
Really rooting for Burroughs to take another step.

Sure seemed like Boudreau was playing Burroughs more often later on.  Even saw him with Hughes once.

A difference from after Stilllman was healthy enough to play and JR insisted BB play the D he had to give up a second rounder for, at the expense of Burroughs.  Near the end of his term, BB just didn't give a #$%$ about JR's rep anymore.

But as soon as Tocchet is in, he got the word right away it seems like, to play Stillman over Burroughs once again.  Only an injury like this would get Kyle back in.  Not that Stillman has been awful.  He's improved since he first arrived. But still prone to gaffs and out of position. But Kyle is clearly the better choice. He's smart with the puck AND is more physical.  I'm hoping Kyle can get in a few games in a row and Tocchet can find out for himself.

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we can get a top three pick this draft, we get a great prospect. If we pick four or five we could take Michkov? 

Michkov might go at 3.  So we could get Carlsson at 4.  Michkov is actually a great talent.  Probably just as talented as Bedard.  A team like Arizona might just wait around for him.  Same with Anaheim who already have their 2 centres.  If we finish in 4th spot and if one of Anaheim or Arizona are below us, then we have a shot at Carlsson I think.