The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Feb. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

aaaahhhh gotcha.... you got me... im such a fooel... how could i make the common mistake of mixing up your, you're... im such a illiterate...

my sure is

You have still failed to understand my response. 

Keep trying.

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Kuz struggled on the road and had reduced minutes under Bruce too. Hopefully it's just that again 

I very much like the skill Kuz Missile has, but I’m pretty sure (from Tocchet’s comments) he needs to play more direct.  More straight lines and engaging in contact, instead of spinning to avoid it. Take the hit to make the play. 

• elephant 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

Also tested in the desert, with 0 casualties.

But you're a dramatic little chap, so you keep at it.

im dramatic...???? your the one that brought up the atomic bomb reference without any context...

so are you agreeing with me in your original quote?

atomic bombs being tested in the desert that cause no harm to anything... is like noticing the good from the bad in the nucks games?

so you agree... good to know

4 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

well usually atomic bombs are known as weapons of mass destruction... take for instance Hiroshima... over half their population was wiped out in one moment... that is a genocide of the Hiroshima people

Original poster made a comparison to a bomb, not the use of it. You are the one who likened it's use to genocide and Hiroshima. The original poster made no mention of race or Hiroshima. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 goals against, how's the coaching bump going for you all? Tocchet has taken all the life out of Kuzmenko's game, great evaluation. Boeser floats, Garland spinorama's. When Phil Di, is one of the hardest workers on the team, and good for him for getting the opportunity, but you sit a guy on pace for 30 plus goals to make a point, I'm sorry, I don't get it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I very much like the skill Kuz Missile has, but I’m pretty sure (from Tocchet’s comments) he needs to play more direct.  More straight lines and engaging in contact, instead of spinning to avoid it. Take the hit to make the play. 

That’s interesting, as those pivots were key to his offence in the KHL, and they’ve been successful for him here a few times. That’s going to be a tough habit to break. 

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

5 goals against, how's the coaching bump going for you all? Tocchet has taken all the life out of Kuzmenko's game, great evaluation. Boeser floats, Garland spinorama's. When Phil Di, is one of the hardest workers on the team, and good for him for getting the opportunity, but you sit a guy on pace for 30 plus goals to make a point, I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Scoring more goals is not the issue.

Getting guys to buy into a system so that we don’t allow 5 goals a game is. 

Until Kuzmenko shows he can play any kind of two way game he’s not gonna get cushy offensive minutes. All that does is reward bad habits and honestly hurts our tank. 

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

With Demko and one less seive of a dman this year we are still competing for a playoff spot, easily. 

Don't know if you recall, but Demko has not been great this season (3-10-3; 3.93 GAA and .883 Sv%), so your faith in his performance is misplaced.

Edited by Curmudgeon

You have still failed to understand my response. 

Keep trying.

oh matt... lol you are not winning this argument... you are looking like a fool, but lets continue if we must...

please explain what  " my sure is" means.. is it a coded message that only the literate can understand?

are you really implying your original message that, using your instead of you're infers that they are illiterate? even though everyone in this thread understood what i meant,,, no one was confused....

yet the sentence "my sure is".... well... hmmm... must be a literate thing :picard:

are you upset that i challenged you? i think so.... its okay... take ten deep breaths and consider doing something else...instead of  causing chaos....

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Don't know if you recall, but Demko has not been great this season (3-10-3; 3.93 GAA and .883 Sv%), so your faith in his performance is misplaced.

What I’m worried about is how many backdoor and cross ice chances we’re allowing.

You know Demko is gonna try to stretch and stop those and I’m worried the risk of injury is too high. I wish they could just shut him down regardless.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Scoring more goals is not the issue.

Getting guys to buy into a system so that we don’t allow 5 goals a game is. 

Until Kuzmenko shows he can play any kind of two way game he’s not gonna get cushy offensive minutes. All that does is reward bad habits and honestly hurts our tank. 

That's fair, but he's one of many that fall into that same category. 

Singling out a guy who's just learning the language in a new country maybe isn't the best way to go about it. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Demko was top three in the league at Dave’s above expected last season until he got injured. Clearly he was t fully recovered from that injury this season, but tried to play through it. He’s been fixed up and will gradually get back to his normal Double Bubble Superstar self. It would be foolish to trade him. 

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

Original poster made a comparison to a bomb, not the use of it. You are the one who likened it's use to genocide and Hiroshima. The original poster made no mention of race or Hiroshima. 

so he was agreeing with me?? that was the intention of his original message.... atomic bombs cause no harm and are beautiful.....

we got another one flinging poop at the walls jerry..... can someone call the janitor....

5 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't know if you recall, but Demko has not been great this season (3-10-3; 3.93 GAA and .88s Sv%), so your faith in his performance is misplaced.

Not really. There were issues to begin with. It was clear he was not ready for the season after last years injury. 

• Like 1

Singling out a guy who's just learning the language in a new country maybe isn't the best way to go about it. 

:bigblush:... are you sure we shouldn't poke fun at him and call him illiterate?

Just now, MattWN. said:

Actually Kuz is the only guy who is playing soft. He’s been turning (Tocchet says spinning) to avoid contact. It’s not so much about positional play but more about soft play. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

He’ll be fine. The team obviously loves him and they know what he can do offensively. If he’s gonna get a bigger contract from us in two years he needs to show he can develop into a first line player.

Also right now I think they’re just trying to boost Boeser’s stock by playing him more. I wouldn’t read too much into ice time right now. Kuz will get lots of minutes after the deadline.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

oh matt... lol you are not winning this argument... you are looking like a fool, but lets continue if we must...

please explain what  " my sure is" means.. is it a coded message that only the literate can understand?

are you really implying your original message that, using your instead of you're infers that they are illiterate? even though everyone in this thread understood what i meant,,, no one was confused....

yet the sentence "my sure is".... well... hmmm... must be a literate thing :picard:

are you upset that i challenged you? i think so.... its okay... take ten deep breaths and consider doing something else...instead of  causing chaos....

It was a literal response to your usage of your.  

The fact you're still struggling with it proves my point. 

• Haha 1