The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If the Kings go after Gavrikov it'll likely just be picks, I see them being more open to moving to moving picks than prospects already in their system 

Maybe a 1st and a 3rd but even that seems high, Kings are a good bet to make the playoffs so it'll probably end up being 16+ 

Don't really see them giving up a pick that they could use to acquire Chychrun - he still seems to be their main target.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Don't really see them giving up a pick that they could use to acquire Chychrun - he still seems to be their main target.  

Depends whether they're actually still in on him or not, could be Arizona's ask is too high 

Maybe if their ask comes down a bit we'll see something but sooner or later Arizona is going to have to take something or they'll be left holding the bag 

Chychrun isn't staying there, the longer Arizona holds on to him the less they'll get as Chychrun's value is tied to his being on such a manageable contract 

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Depends whether they're actually still in on him or not, could be Arizona's ask is too high 

Maybe if their ask comes down a bit we'll see something but sooner or later Arizona is going to have to take something or they'll be left holding the bag 

Chychrun isn't staying there, the longer Arizona holds on to him the less they'll get as Chychrun's value is tied to his being on such a manageable contract 

They still are.  They apparently have an offer on the table and are waiting for Arizona to get back to them.  Coyotes likely seeing if there's a better deal out there.  Are they really going to hold on to him past this TDL - sits out 9 games and then just returns to Arizona.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They still are.  They apparently have an offer on the table and are waiting for Arizona to get back to them.  Coyotes likely seeing if there's a better deal out there.  Are they really going to hold on to him past this TDL - sits out 9 games and then just returns to Arizona.  

Nah, I can't see them holding on to him. He's their best trade chip and they really can't afford to fritter that away, which isn't to say there isn't a chance they do. 

If Chychrun does go to LA I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings got the better of the Coyotes, Kings can afford to wait and look elsewhere whereas Arizona needs to move him as his value drops with each season that ticks off his current deal. Kings will still pay a good price, sure, but I don't see Arizona getting their premium pieces. 

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

According to TSN Trade Bait Board, CBJ also willing to trade out…

NHL trade bait board

TSN: Updated top 35 NHL trade bait board

3. Vladislav Gavrikov – LD – Blue Jackets
14. Gustav Nyquist – LW – Blue Jackets
31. Andrew Peeke – RD – Blue Jackets

I’d be interested in Peeke.  Not sure what CBJ would want though.

Peeks is a D man we could really use.

If he could be had for a 2nd and a prospect Allvin should be all over this.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BPA said:

NHL trade bait board

Yep, he could compliment Hughes well, and they’re both from Florida I believe.

1 hour ago, BPA said:

NHL trade bait board

Gotta wonder what they'd be looking for as a Peeke return. If they're looking for something in the range of a 1st that'd likely be a no from me. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Gotta wonder what they'd be looking for as a Peeke return. If they're looking for something in the range of a 1st that'd likely be a no from me. 

I’d offer Hoglander and a 2nd.

He fits the age range and the mould for what we need.

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I could live with that, we'll have to make a decision on Hoglander sooner than later anyway so if we can utilize him to upgrade our NHL roster I'd be willing. I don't like moving 2nd round picks but gotta give to get, it'd hurt less if we manage to bring one in via selling.

I'm not receptive to moving 1st round picks though, if anything I'd love to add another one somehow. If we can come out of this season's draft with 2-3 1st round level prospects that'd be amazing for our prospect pool, and hopefully our roster going forward. 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Scrub Bud is too often injured. Teams don’t trust he will stay healthy. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It hurts just enough to seem realistic. Our 2nd will likely be in the high 30’s, but Peeke is an ideal partner for Hughes, and moves the dial today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

It hurts just enough to seem realistic. Our 2nd will likely be in the high 30’s, but Peeke is an ideal partner for Hughes, and moves the dial today.

Much rather have Peeke than someone like Chychscrub. Might be able to get him for just our second, considering how high that pick will be. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Scrub Bud is too often injured. Teams don’t trust he will stay healthy. 

I disagree with you on this one, I think he'll be moved and that he'll return a good price. Arizona might have to drop their ask a bit though, they really can't afford to not move him as his value is tied to his being on a team friendly deal. If they tried to sell him at the draft, during the summer, or next season they may end up getting less because of that. 

Getting closer to the deadline may put pressure on an interested team to up their ante but it also puts Arizona at risk because teams may pivot and spend elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I disagree with you on this one, I think he'll be moved and that he'll return a good price. Arizona might have to drop their ask a bit though, they really can't afford to not move him as his value is tied to his being on a team friendly deal. If they tried to sell him at the draft, during the summer, or next season they may end up getting less because of that. 

Getting closer to the deadline may put pressure on an interested team to up their ante but it also puts Arizona at risk because teams may pivot and spend elsewhere. 

I think we agree. Teams don’t trust Chychscrub can stay healthy, so his value is less than what the Coyotes expect. But he’s still going to get a similar return to Horfat. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Seems like everyone wants RHD…I think a 2nd and Hoglander is realistic

If that’s the cost, then it’s worth it. The Avs gave up 2 seconds for Toews. So that’s about th3 same cost. And we absolutely need a proper partner for Hughes. Hughes is a 100 point player with a decent partner. 

• Upvote 1