The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Bruins not done yet? Mike Reilly and Jakub Lauko "Unavailable" for Charlotte Checkers

AngryElf

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I’m down with that. 

These are the types of moves I see management making rather than getting 3rd round picks or late 2nds.

They’ve said in the past they wanna target guys that didn’t really work out on their ELC’s.

I’ll take some known quantity over a lotto ticket at this point.

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

Wait, the Bruins might be doing even MORE to make their team better? Should we just mail them the Stanley Cup now and avoid all the hassle of the playoffs?

If there was ever a year to be all in on a group this would be the year for them 

Anything can happen but they will be the biggest playoff favorite that I can remember 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

These are the types of moves I see management making rather than getting 3rd round picks or late 2nds.

They’ve said in the past they wanna target guys that didn’t really work out on their ELC’s.

I’d take a good 2nd too though, don’t get me wrong. 

That’s a valuable pick and trade chip, should the team need it before TDL or at the Draft. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I’d take a good 2nd too though, don’t get me wrong. 

That’s a valuable pick and trade chip, should the team need it before TDL or at the Draft. 

A good 2nd sure.

Im just not convinced that’s on the table. If it was I think management would continue to hold him out from practice and games.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So we take all the bruins middling youngins 

studnicka

lauko

zboril

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bruins just going to swing by Vancouver, pick up a W and Luke Schenn (Luke's wife will fly to Boston), then proceed to Alberta where they'll continue to kick more butt.

She would not be advised, and probably not allowed to fly that late into a pregnancy I would think.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Sure.

If one of them hits that’s a big win. Odds of a late 2nd or 3rd panning out are even lower.

Is it though?

Im not as confident. Maybe just scarred from all the Linden Vey like trades in the past

Zboril interests me most of them though. As maybe he could be a bottom pairing dman that kills penalties if given more opportunity for an extended period.

Just now, R3aL said:

Is it though?

Im not as confident. Maybe just scarred from all the Linden Vey like trades in the past

Zboril interests me most of them though. As maybe he could be a bottom pairing dman that kills penalties if given more opportunity for an extended period.

And I’m not confident in our scouts to find a good player with a late second. Not sure what gives other people confidence in that.

The difference with Vey was that we were actually dumb enough to give up a 2nd.

All this would cost is trading Schenn for three months then re-signing him.

• There it is 1