The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

38 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss8eue

Management waited the price out from a mid 1st, to Hoglander, to Lockwood and a 7th. Great move by our management team.

This is very impressive work by our management! Even if Kravstov doesn’t become much, this patience and hard bargaining by our management will still make this a win IMO. 

As for Lockwood, he was decent, but guys like him can be replaced annually at free agency for cheap, whereas if Kravstov lives up to even half of his potential this could be a home run.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Dopamine hit is wearing off from this trade...

MOAR TRADES PLEEEZZZEE!

I literally did a triple take when I saw we got Kravstov and especially what little we gave up to get him! I feel like this one will be a big win for our management. 

I’ve been on a high ever since!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I literally did a triple take when I saw we got Kravstov and especially what little we gave up to get him! I feel like this one will be a big win for our management. 

I’ve been on a high ever since!

It came down to having to move a couple of players quickly (Kravstov and Leschyshyn) so that they could land an impact player (Kane) before the deadline.  Leschyshyn was waived (they get nothing) and they took what they could get for Kravstov.  Allvin and the Canucks are the happy beneficiaries of circumstance.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2