The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 27 2023 - Canucks@ Stars - 5:30PT/8:30ET - AAC - FAREWELL TC STILLMAN

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

No doubt I will get lots of negative replies to this...

I think they are playing Demko too early.

He looks really good... but the risk he could be injured is not worth sacrificing a guarantee he is totally recovered.

The only potential benefit to playing him is it will jump the team in the standings.

But that would potentially eliminate any decent chance of picking top 3.

That side to side save versus Pavelski is an example of the type of strain which could undo all the hard work and rest which Demko has put in.

Better to play Delia and Silovs... know you have Demko in top condition for next year... plus a good chance we will draft high.

7 minutes ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

Technically imo Horvat and Miller aren't slow when fresh but I find they gas out fast and then they're very slow where as Boeser is pretty slow at the best of times and crawls when tired.

Miller slows the play down, so it only looks like he is slower. The guys tonight aren’t doing that. They are just going hard to the net. Miller plays a more tactical game and tries to find the open man and set up the play. Like I said, they are playing differently without Miller in the lineup tonight. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

No doubt I will get lots of negative replies to this...

I think they are playing Demko too early.

He looks really good... but the risk he could be injured is not worth sacrificing a guarantee he is totally recovered.

The only potential benefit to playing him is it will jump the team in the standings.

But that would potentially eliminate any decent chance of picking top 3.

That side to side save versus Pavelski is an example of the type of strain which could undo all the hard work and rest which Demko has put in.

Better to play Delia and Silovs... know you have Demko in top condition for next year... plus a good chance we will draft high.

They are trading Demko. Only reason he is playing is to show he is healthy enough to play l. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Burroughs now with Hughes? Damn we need to find a partner for Quinn. Stupid Benning. 

Tanev & Hughes was just fine by me. 

But, now….it’s like just any RHD-man can audition & apply!  

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1