The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

10 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

You want a rebuild because why? Because we’re losing games and missing playoffs right? Idk why else you’d want to rebuild. In hopes to maybe make the playoffs isnt that the whole point? Rebuild, make playoffs, win cup? Or do you just not GAF about playoffs?

Rebuild cause there is no cap space, prospect, or picks needed maneuver the team for a cup win. 

What good are playoffs if the ceiling is a 2nd round exit. 

Didn't need one had we not inked Miller to that monster contract instead of trading him for flexibility and assets. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Methinks Buyouts are a comin, whether we like it or not 

So once again, we can’t wait just 1 more year to get Myers off the books first.  No long term vision, Impatience, and it’s clear it was never Benning, this is coming from the very top.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

One things is for sure after this .......this team has to find a way to shed a lot of salary 

It seems like they will consider buyouts unfortunately. They don’t really have many other options. Teams will look at our situation and try to fleece us if we try to trade cap out. 

I'd like to see the venn diagram of people who liked the Miller signing and those who hate this trade.

Let's remember, they're in this mess because they didn't trade Miller last deadline and then signed him to a huge deal, leaving only draft picks left to deal with.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No. I've been following for all 52 seasons. I'm tired of being content with just making the playoffs. I want the team to be a true contender once again. IMO, you don't get there by trading away draft picks just to make yourself a playoff  bubble team....

Anyway. This is getting redundant. I've made several posts about why I don't like this deal and why I want a rebuild. I can't explain myself any more clearly and if some folks still can't see why, then I can't help you.

I honestly hope that I'm wrong and all of you who like this trade are right.....but I don't think that's the case.

This ownership group lacks the vision and patience required to build a cup contender.  

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

It seems like they will consider buyouts unfortunately. They don’t really have many other options. Teams will look at our situation and try to fleece us if we try to trade cap out. 

I don't think so

4 hours ago, MattWN. said:

Honestly would rather have the picks right now. 

Confused Little Girl GIF

Yeah....draft picks .....considering he is hurt at the moment....and he could turn out just like Stillman ....sigh....not sure about this....kind of wait and see....I guess

A lot of you are screaming at a blank wall.

Once you accept the fact that this team was never going to tear it down in the first place, the less frustration you may feel. 

Management is not waiting for 18 year old prospects to bloom into NHL players while Pettersson and Hughes enter the end of the primes pushing the age of 30. 

I'm just as nervous as you all are with this re-tool approach, but no sense in yelling at management for not hoarding draft picks. It's not happening. It was never the plan. 

Just:

Stop-get-some-help GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd like to see the venn diagram of people who liked the Miller signing and those who hate this trade.

Let's remember, they're in this mess because they didn't trade Miller last deadline and then signed him to a huge deal, leaving only draft picks left to deal with.

Theyre in this mess because they signed boeser AND miller

• Vintage 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

Just now, stawns said:

I don't think so

As it stands now we’re over the cap next year with us still needing to fill a bunch of roster spots. Teams are gonna look at that and try to take advantage. 

Whatever route we go to clear cap it will be costly.