The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade: Detroit Red Wings trade Tyler Bertuzzi to Boston Bruins

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We're doing the same thing we've done for nearly a decade.

Acquiring players 25 years old or younger who can immediately step in and make an impact? That’s news to me. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Acquiring players 25 years old or younger who can immediately step in and make an impact? That’s news to me. 

Spending draft picks (and always adding in unnecessary additional picks) for players to help win now.

We're not close enough to being a contender that we should be buying.

Garland is a recent example of this. Look how well that's turned out for us.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Spending draft picks (and always adding in unnecessary additional picks) for players to help win now.

We're not close enough to being a contender that we should be buying.

Garland is a recent example of this. Look how well that's turned out for us.

The moves made this year aren't "win now" moves. Nice try with the spin.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Hate to break it to ya but we can’t have a full on rebuild and keep Pettersson/Hughes/Demko. It’s either a retool which management has said all along that’s what they’re going to do or you can kiss those three guys goodbye. 

so they won't stay if we do a rebuild, but they'll stay if we continue to be mediocre at best?

also, Hughes is signed for another 4 years after this one and EP is still an RFA after next year. why are you acting as if they're all UFA's and can leave after next year? 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, canucks_kcchiefs said:

so they won't stay if we do a rebuild, but they'll stay if we continue to be mediocre at best?

also, Hughes is signed for another 4 years after this one and EP is still an RFA after next year. why are you acting as if they're all UFA's and can leave after next year? 

Hughes himself said he and Pettersson aren’t waiting around for a rebuild. This was going to be a retool all along, management said it would be a retool. Anyone who thought otherwise only has themselves to blame. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Pears said:

Hughes himself said he and Pettersson aren’t waiting around for a rebuild. This was going to be a retool all along, management said it would be a retool. Anyone who thought otherwise only has themselves to blame. 

again, he's signed for 4 years after this one. you can rebuild in that time frame. 

and what's with your logic anyway, we have to just accept every move management makes and be happy about it? I didn't think they would actual tear it down, but people should be allowed to express disappointment, bewilderment, or however they feel. 

2 minutes ago, canucks_kcchiefs said:

again, he's signed for 4 years after this one. you can rebuild in that time frame. 

and what's with your logic anyway, we have to just accept every move management makes and be happy about it? I didn't think they would actual tear it down, but people should be allowed to express disappointment, bewilderment, or however they feel. 

Sure, but the people pissing their pants about this trade are the same people who have been screaming for a guy like Hronek forever, so that’s what’s kind of driving everyone nuts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, timberz21 said:

And the Red Wings have missed how many times the playoffs lately?  Oh yeah, 6 going on 7.  I guess that's how it's done...:blink:

And they got a 1st a year away that's top 10 protected and a 4th two years away. So they "might" have something in 4 to 6 years. :lol:

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Sure, but the people pissing their pants about this trade are the same people who have been screaming for a guy like Hronek forever, so that’s what’s kind of driving everyone nuts. 

I think you're generalizing a little bit, but I also think most people are upset with the amount traded away, rather than the player we got back. Personally, I dont love Hronek and wish we got more of a 2 way defender that would be a better fit on a pairing with Hughes. Dont love either that he needs to get paid and is fairly close to becoming a UFA. 

At the end of the day, people wanna see their favourite team win a Stanley Cup. Luckily enough I got to see the Chiefs win another Super Bowl this year. Would be nice to see the Canucks win a cup. how many times has it been in the last 20 years that a team won the cup without a top 3 pick leading the charge? were you this positive when the Bengals had Andy Dalton at QB? Sure was nice to bottom out and get Burrow and Chase...

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

Being incontinent is an issue for many people unfortunately. 

Always trying to take the piss.

26 minutes ago, sarjakd said:

And the Canucks have missed how many the playoffs lately?

Exactly, whatever the Canucks are doing is not better/worst than the Wings

Stacking Picks doesn’t guarantee a successful rebuild, Oilers (beside an Jesus), Sabres, Arizona have proven that

13 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Exactly, whatever the Canucks are doing is not better/worst than the Wings

Stacking Picks doesn’t guarantee a successful rebuild, Oilers (beside an Jesus), Sabres, Arizona have proven that

how many cups have been won by teams that didnt have a top 2 pick, in the last 10-15 years?

11 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Detroit adding another 1st.

They're ahead of us in the standings, yet still have the discipline to sell and collect assets to build a better future.

This is how it's done. If only the Canucks could see this.

happy twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

no thanks.

• Wat 1