The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 02, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, sedin26 said:

I've been a fan through thick and thin, never wavering in my support for the Vancouver Canucks.  I've spent my hard earned money on Canucks gear, tickets, even Pay Per View when they did that.

It all ends tonight.  This is where I draw the line.  It's over - my fanship has come to an end.  I am done!

- I will never again watch a game of Vancouver Canucks hockey

- I won't listen via terrestrial radio or any streaming technology

- I will not browse the web again, in case I were to come across an article or discussion about the Canucks

- I will not look at magazines and especially won't buy one, though I doubt anyone does that anymore!

- I will avoid ever talking to anyone again in case they mention the Canucks

- I will immediately burn all of my post 1970-71 hockey cards!

This is it - thanks for the sense of community here over the years but I will not return to the site again - this is my final post, my final act.

Goodbye forever!!!!!!!!!!

We forgive you. We have all felt like that it’s ok. I think there is a hotline you can call

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jyu said:

Podz and Kravs were great together.

This gives m,e a lot of hope. Podz has elevated his game to another level, driving hard towards the net. Forget the perimeter, I'm going to go right through this Dman and the goalie to put that puck in. Didn't score, but he's getting close. Love it. Kravtsov is going to be a real good player too, size and fast, and he hits. Wow, what a pass for Boeser's goal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

7 hours ago, koregen said:

Juulsen made some rookie mistakes which were costly. He's a young guy with lost of potential though and it's good to see him get some minutes in the NHL.

We have to take some lumps and let these guys play. Mistakes and youth come together. They know they made these mistakes, they’re pros. I want to see which of these guys can help our roster moving forward. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This gives m,e a lot of hope. Podz has elevated his game to another level, driving hard towards the net. Forget the perimeter, I'm going to go right through this Dman and the goalie to put that puck in. Didn't score, but he's getting close. Love it. Kravtsov is going to be a real good player too, size and fast, and he hits. Wow, what a pass for Boeser's goal.

Yes. I think Podz is not strong enough yet to go through the best defenders of the league yet, but he is realizing that he needs to work on his strength and conditioning to be able to do that on a nightly basis. And he's got that attitude and character to work his a$$ off in the summer to get there.

Pretty exciting stuff and considering Hoglander who is lighting it up in the AHL, we might have a fast, young, skilled, and versatile wingers in the top 9: Beau, Kuz, Podz, Krav, Mik. Pretty good balance. 

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Podz seems like a big puppy physically and emotionally. He's going to grow into this role via Toccy

• Cheers 3

Canucks management to Pittsburgh management: We are not rebuilding! So they were offered multiple picks and they could have gotten off his contract. You take it. They need to free up money. Man it just makes me angry we are in perpetual retool mode. It gets us where? No cap space, no picks but hey we can always look forward to the end of the season winning streak. It's our own little Stanley cup. You're not smart if everyone on the planet who knows hockey is saying what the heck are you doing. They just are a laughing stock right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

27 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Canucks management to Pittsburgh management: We are not rebuilding! So they were offered multiple picks and they could have gotten off his contract. You take it. They need to free up money. Man it just makes me angry we are in perpetual retool mode. It gets us where? No cap space, no picks but hey we can always look forward to the end of the season winning streak. It's our own little Stanley cup. You're not smart if everyone on the planet who knows hockey is saying what the heck are you doing. They just are a laughing stock right now.

I seriously doubt they were offered picks. I have no doubt that Boeser is wanted if salary is retained it’s a matter of how much retention.

1 hour ago, Oldmanpower said:

We have to take some lumps and let these guys play. Mistakes and youth come together. They know they made these mistakes, they’re pros. I want to see which of these guys can help our roster moving forward. 

Besides Juulsen and Wolanin probably made less mistakes than a lot of our veteran guys do.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Brock Boeser had one of his best games of the season. I find it "interesting" it happened at trade deadline time. Does he want to move on? My guess would be yes.

He was moving better. Much more aggressive. Engaging in puck battles. Even seemed to have an extra gear, speed wise.

Scouts are watching everywhere. Consulting their GMs. Does BB move today?  If last night is any indication, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance..

I have a feeling he doesn't want to move. Just that gut feeling he wants to stay here with Demko, Hughes, and Petey. If he plays every game like he did last night, I would welcome him with open arms and trade Garland and Pearson in his place. Need more than Petey and Hughes as vets moving forward unless we're following the Oilers method of building. If we can find a 3c PK'er and another top 4 defenseman RHD I think there will be much improvement next year. We just need to find homes for OEL, Myers (likely to be traded at deadline next year), Garland, Pearson, and possibly Beauvillier by trade deadline next season. 

Mikhayev Pettersson Kuzmenko (1) 

Hoglander Miller Boeser (2a)

Kravtsov  ????? Podkolzin (2b)  

Hughes Livingstone 

???     Hronek 

Demko

Silovs 

20 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Would meyers play better with better matchups? Maybe a 5,6,7 type guy? Overpaid yes but it’s looking like we’re stuck with him

If he can't be traded in the offseason, then yeah.

22 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Would meyers play better with better matchups? Maybe a 5,6,7 type guy? Overpaid yes but it’s looking like we’re stuck with him

Bottom pairing next year. 

It's his contract year. He should be ok. 

Cupboard love should kick in. 

12 hours ago, sedin26 said:

I've been a fan through thick and thin, never wavering in my support for the Vancouver Canucks.  I've spent my hard earned money on Canucks gear, tickets, even Pay Per View when they did that.

It all ends tonight.  This is where I draw the line.  It's over - my fanship has come to an end.  I am done!

- I will never again watch a game of Vancouver Canucks hockey

- I won't listen via terrestrial radio or any streaming technology

- I will not browse the web again, in case I were to come across an article or discussion about the Canucks

- I will not look at magazines and especially won't buy one, though I doubt anyone does that anymore!

- I will avoid ever talking to anyone again in case they mention the Canucks

- I will immediately burn all of my post 1970-71 hockey cards!

This is it - thanks for the sense of community here over the years but I will not return to the site again - this is my final post, my final act.

Goodbye forever!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he held his breath and stomped his feet like a toddler having a temper tantrum when he wrote that lol.

• Haha 2